Hi, is anybody into uplifting trance music..??!
Dec 22, 2008 at 11:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

plonter

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi i am a big fan of uplifting trance music for a very long time now,and i just wondered if we have some head fiers here that also into it.
names like: stoneface and terminal,eddie sender,above and beyond etc...
L3000.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 56
Hey plonter
smily_headphones1.gif

i was too a lot, now i move more into other genres, but still i listen to it sometimes. You can contact me if you like to interchange more recommendations.
What about artists like Alex Stealthy, DJ Fire, Matt Cerf, Starkid ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 56
I listen a lot to that stream at di.fm internet radio, though I prefer their Future Synthpop and Psy streams when I'm not feeling like chilling.

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good Stuff guys, keep the recomendations comming, I think I found a new genre.

Happy hearing that
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, another more AWESOME artists on the progresive-trance wave then!!
- Andrew K
- Gabriel & Dresden
- Lemon8
- Motorcycle ("As The Rush Comes" remixes are totally uplifting!!!!)
- Push ("From Beyond" and "Electric Eclipse" albums)
- Solid Globe
- 2 of my all-time favourite uplifting trance albums:
* ATB - Clubber's Guide To Trance
* Matt Darey - Ibiza Euphoria

When i was totally in love of that, i discovered progressive-house, which shocked much more to me! But its always nice to listen some rocking good trance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good Stuff guys, keep the recomendations comming, I think I found a new genre.

look into the global underground series for progressive trance and house. lots of uplifting stuff there.

Dec 23, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #8 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by fameh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey plonter
smily_headphones1.gif

i was too a lot, now i move more into other genres, but still i listen to it sometimes. You can contact me if you like to interchange more recommendations.
What about artists like Alex Stealthy, DJ Fire, Matt Cerf, Starkid ?
smily_headphones1.gif

i dont know this artists you mentioned but i'll check them out,thx!

Dec 23, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #10 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the way...the new state of trance 2008 is really nice (by armin van buuren) some awsome tracks in there, like "the new world"by markus schultz.
dt880smile.png

True! Generally i liked all the ASOT, same as the Global Underground series, which demoNMaCHiN3 said too
smily_headphones1.gif
Personally, I liked specially 009-San Francisco & 013-Ibiza.

Dec 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #11 of 56
i like all kinds of music: trance,rock(all genres exept super heavy death metal and such...)classical....but to me,this kind of trance is the best music ever!
it combines beautiful melodies and heart pumping beats....female singers with amazing voice..and more! it has it all.
i also liked the new (or not so)album of armin van buuren - imagine, like electronic classical pieces. very recommended for everybody who loves a little beat and wonderful melodies with warm tones.

actualy i pretty much dont listen to psy trance or all of the "non melody" trance kinds reguraly, only sometimes . it is hard for me when there is no melody at all. can't stand only beats!
smile_phones.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #12 of 56
interesting you say that when your location is israel! yeah, alot of psytrance is just arpeggiator running at a steady trotting pace. it's a kind of a pace maker for lazy / tripping hippies! mind you, some of it does escape that circle. some nods towards hard-house, some nods at progressive trance.

i quite like that smith & pledger / above & beyond sound, it's good production & not cheesy but i will say i think of it as a girly kind of music. needs more tech / agression!

but back on psy, psy on it's own is bland but with the dub / ambient it's magical. get some shpongle, younger brother & hallucinogen!

Dec 23, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #13 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nvkid909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i quite like that smith & pledger / above & beyond sound, it's good production & not cheesy but i will say i think of it as a girly kind of music. needs more tech / agression!

yeah..their sound is amazing..but tends to the quiet area indeed.
for more agression i like the stoneface&terminal remixes,and also jhon ocallaghan, its like psytrance only with melodies! and i mean real melodies,not the fake 2 chords psytrance melodies.(sorry for all the psy lovers out there).

Dec 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #14 of 56
what about.... System 7

not usually seen as trance but somewhere between trance, techno psytrance & ambient, with the incredible steve hillage guitar sound. a dance act that actually rock. anyone who's seen them live will know. infectious stuff, don't even need the drukgs! check out anything on youtube system 7.

if i wasn't going to a festival, hear this & change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back