Hi, is anybody into uplifting trance music..??!
Dec 24, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #16 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by fameh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Happy hearing that
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, another more AWESOME artists on the progresive-trance wave then!!
- Andrew K
- Gabriel & Dresden
- Lemon8
- Motorcycle ("As The Rush Comes" remixes are totally uplifting!!!!)
- Push ("From Beyond" and "Electric Eclipse" albums)
- Solid Globe
- 2 of my all-time favourite uplifting trance albums:
* ATB - Clubber's Guide To Trance
* Matt Darey - Ibiza Euphoria

When i was totally in love of that, i discovered progressive-house, which shocked much more to me! But its always nice to listen some rocking good trance!
smily_headphones1.gif

Great selections

Ibiza Euphoria (Matt Darey) (Vol. 1) one of my all-time favorites...along with Vol. 2 (Alex Gold, Agnelli & Nelson)...The Anjunabeats series is also very good.

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #17 of 56
Hi guys,

I’m a certifiable trance addict myself. Trance is the only music genre that helps me sleep (I’m not an insomniac or anything, it’s just much easier to doze off after listening to a few melodic trance tracks), increases my concentration when I’m at work (the melody drowns out the chaos in my office while not interfering with my logical thinking), and is my music of choice when I go clubbing (nothing beats trance for a uplifting night’s out IMO). You can say that I’m constantly in a state of trance.

I also love melodic, uplifting and anthemy trance, though to be completely honest I’m unable to say which DJ plays this type of trance. I just know how this type of trance makes me feel when I hear it; sort of like breathing a lungful of fresh air, I guess that’s why they call it “uplifting” trance. BTW, I was under the impression that while most DJs presented a few uplifting tracks in each album, there wasn’t a specific DJ or a specific album that had only uplifting trance tracks (which would be awesome!) … or is there(?), because I’d love to get my hands on them.

Besides the artists that the OP suggested (Stoneface & Terminal, Eddie Sender, Above & Beyond) what other artists specialize specifically in uplifting trance?

Gritt

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #18 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brabus9999 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys,

I’m a certifiable trance addict myself. Trance is the only music genre that helps me sleep (I’m not an insomniac or anything, it’s just much easier to doze off after listening to a few melodic trance tracks), increases my concentration when I’m at work (the melody drowns out the chaos in my office while not interfering with my logical thinking), and is my music of choice when I go clubbing (nothing beats trance for a uplifting night’s out IMO). You can say that I’m constantly in a state of trance.

I also love melodic, uplifting and anthemy trance, though to be completely honest I’m unable to say which DJ plays this type of trance. I just know how this type of trance makes me feel when I hear it; sort of like breathing a lungful of fresh air, I guess that’s why they call it “uplifting” trance. BTW, I was under the impression that while most DJs presented a few uplifting tracks in each album, there wasn’t a specific DJ or a specific album that had only uplifting trance tracks (which would be awesome!) … or is there(?), because I’d love to get my hands on them.

Besides the artists that the OP suggested (Stoneface & Terminal, Eddie Sender, Above & Beyond) what other artists specialize specifically in uplifting trance?

Gritt

Hi brabus9999,it seemes that you are addicted just like me. this music definitely takes you easely to other planets!
beside from the artists you have listed above, you can try also:
armin van buuren,the thrillseekers,oceanlab,akesson,john ocalleghan,aly and fila,alex morph,digital nature, and many more. try to get some music from them, even some old tracks that still rockin! there some classic that i like to listen myself.
its true that in every cd you get,not all the tracks are "pure uplifting"(maybe in some it is) but its nice to get in the mood with some chill tracks and than go to the hard uplifting melodies! sometime its so strong that you want to cry!
k701smile.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:13 AM Post #19 of 56
aside from the artists already mentioned here (Armin van Buuren, above&beyond, aly and fila, m.o.r.p.h., markus schulz, etc.), look into Gouryella (duo consisting of Tiesto and Ferry Corsten), Paul van Dyk, Agnelli & Nelson, Veracocha (duo consisting of Ferry Corsten and Vincent de Moor. They only have one song, "Carte Blanche," but it has been remixed a lot of times and is a trance classic), Ferry Corsten, Blank & Jones, Gabriel & Dresden, Tilt, Andy Moor (who is a part of Tilt), and Oliver Lieb (who also goes by Spicelab and L.S.G.)

Also, Armin van Buuren holds a two-hour long weekly radio show called A State of Trance, which you should look into. Also look into the radio show similar to A State of Trance hosted by Above&Beyond called Trance Around the World. Check out Tranceport, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 as well.

Also, this isn't trance but it is a very uplifting song
smily_headphones1.gif
(disregard the last minute):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Wgg...eature=related

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #21 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by demoNMaCHiN3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check out Tranceport, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 as well.

]

is this a collection series? i think i will check it out. i am looking into some various artists collections.
eddie sender got an awsome track (not so new though) called- ""please forgive."
its a little girly but very uplifting! eddie sender got some fine melodies.
i like also "after birth" .

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #22 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is this a collection series? i think i will check it out. i am looking into some various artists collections.
eddie sender got an awsome track (not so new though) called- ""please forgive."
its a little girly but very uplifting! eddie sender got some fine melodies.
i like also "after birth" .

if by collection series you mean compilation, then yes. Here's a link to volume 1: http://www.amazon.com/Tranceport-Pau...0242342&sr=1-1
and volume 2: Amazon.com: Tranceport, Vol. 2: Dave Ralph: Music

I haven't listened to the other volumes of Tranceport but these two are two of my favorite trance cd's that I own. I'm not sure if one would consider all the songs "uplifting trance" but if you like trance in general you will like the songs. Every single song on Volume 1 is a hit and the mixing is phenomenal (DJing done by Paul Oakenfold). Volume 2 CD1 is more dark and deep while CD 2 is more progressive trance.

edit: sorry, i posted the wrong link for tranceport volume 1. fixed now.

Dec 25, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #24 of 56
Speaking of classic trance tracks, is it just me or do others here feel that most of the older tracks are much more uplifting and melodic than these newer ones? And would have to agree with plonter that many of these trance classics are still rockin’ even today.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I’ll be sure to look for them the next time I stop by the music store.

BTW, found this on Wiki >Uplifting trance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ... What do guys think? On the money or still off the mark?

Gritt

Dec 25, 2008 at 4:37 PM Post #25 of 56
Lots of great artists mentioned here..
smile.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #26 of 56
Happy to see so much trance fans here!!
smily_headphones1.gif

But hey, this is too much calmed. I'm going to add, friendly, some discussion
tongue.gif

Trance is nice. I listened it a looooot. But don't miss the real power of the entire electronic possibilities. Some different experiences you should try:

Quote:

Trance is the only music genre that helps me sleep

H.U.V.A. Network – Orientations
Aes Dana - Chernozem
Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy
The Timewriter - Room of a million rainbows (Mikael Delta's electronized mix)

Quote:

increases my concentration

Blamstrain - Untitled (No Xivic remix)
Dominik Eulberg - Der hecht im Karpfenteich
Gwill Morris - Time (Trippy Dub)

Quote:

when I go clubbing (nothing beats trance for a uplifting night’s out IMO)

James Holden - Nothing (93 Returning mix)
Ashtrax - Digital Reason (Ogenki Clinic remix)
Steve Lawler - Out at night (Nathan Fake remix)
Josh Wink - So hows your evening so far « OMG, legend track
tongue.gif

Speaking of classic trance tracks, is it just me or do others here feel that most of the older tracks are much more uplifting and melodic than these newer ones?

You are very right there. Around ten years or so ago, the MAIN genre was the trance. But since 5-6 years ago, other genres have grown much, in fact, way more than trance. Maybe because of that u have that impressions. It's less and not so good production than years ago.

Love the trance, its awesome. But please, don't miss other gorgeous genres and possibilities. Trance is a good start on electronic
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 26, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #27 of 56
You all guys mentioned really nice trance compilations
smily_headphones1.gif

And as compensation because my last big post
beyersmile.png
, I have searched on my library some trance tracks maybe not so famous but really marvellous IMO.

Kosmas Epsilon - Beyond
Delerium - Innocente (Deep Dish gladiator remix)
Mile 1 - Itsu (Ozgur Can remix)
Junk Science - Jataka
Ebrius - Astrattaura
Main Element - Generation
Motorcycle - As The Rush Comes (Perry O'Neil instrumental mix)
Clerk 33 - Elektrix
Flash - The Day After (Perfecto remix)
Rapid Eye - Stealing Beauty (Ronald Van Gelderen remix)

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #28 of 56
guy_sebbag_and_gal_carmy_-_in_trance_(1).jpg

thumb230_Trilithon-TranceDance128-ZYX20207-2_front.jpg

These are Very calssic

Dec 26, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #30 of 56
Transwave = Very uplifting.
article_image.php

I have a very big collection of oldschool goatrance, psytrance,uplifting,psyambient. I just cant listen enough. Grados makes me rock in those genres

Users who are viewing this thread

Back