Hi i'm looking for a comfortable headphone at around 100 dollars or below.
Jun 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TsKen

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I've bought the M50 in the past due to it's popularity and while it did sound amazing and all I just could NOT stand the comfort. Maybe it's because I have a big head and small ears but even after replacing the pads with the shure 840 pads the comfort improved a bit but it is extremely uncomfortable after 20minutes+ long of prolonged use.

I've also gotten the  Panasonic RP-HTF600 headphones which were AMAZING in comfort but the sound is not so great compare to the M50.

Any suggestion for the MOST comfortable headphones that I can wear for hours? My #1 priority is comfort, if i can't wear the headphones for more than 20 minutes they are basically useless to me.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
If you're going all-out comfort, I can't see the AD700 being beaten.  However you might not want an open headphone or bass-light headphone..

Thanks for the response.

I mainly want a headphone that I can use when I am around no one else so the headphone being open is no big deal to me.

I am currently using a Fiio 6 Amp for my headphone, will that maybe increase the bass and balance it out?

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #4 of 6
I'm not sure really.  It all really depends on what you thought of the M50's bass.  If you thought it had a very good balance and couldn't see yourself going with less bass, then maybe the AD700 isn't for you. 

I will say the AD700 has more bass than people give it credit for, however it doesn't reach too down low or doesn't hit that hard.

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Depending on your musical taste, I'd recommend the CALs (Creative Aurvana Live). Fantastic "fun" sounding headphone with unbelievable comfort. I've literally slept with them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back