hi im here looking for recommendations for a good bassy pc speaker
Jun 11, 2016 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

jp123

New Head-Fier
hi im here looking for recommendations for a good bassy pc speaker

i need something that is bassy, has bluetooth or can add a bluetooth receiver. ( i want to play music from my phone on my bed sometimes and not leave the phone on my desk )

is just 2 pieces as i do not have space to place a box subwoofer.

thanks in advance! try to recommend me something that can be bought on amazon... ( have credits there )

my budget is about 100-300

Jun 12, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 23
I would go with an active speaker pair. Those usually offer a possibility to tune them via Potis at the backside. My recommendation is the LSR305 combined with a Bluetooth Dongle. This Setup is pretty good and should fit your pricerange.

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #4 of 23
LSR305 i was looking at this model too but what adapters do i need to plug this into a computer? seems to have 2 inputs behind and i dont know what are the difference, i dont mind buying extra wires and adapters to have the best sound quality outta this... and btw is this speaker bassy like comparable to a bose speaker?

also i dont se a usb port behind this speaker so how do i attach a bluetooth dongle?
I would go with an active speaker pair. Those usually offer a possibility to tune them via Potis at the backside. My recommendation is the LSR305 combined with a Bluetooth Dongle. This Setup is pretty good and should fit your pricerange.

Jun 12, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 23
currently comparing between 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F1DEI8G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GMPDAHM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1JHXNTHRB2151

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQMJE7E/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_10?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A15OOFJ01NGILN
but i heard the audio engine A2 has bad bass

Jun 12, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 23
For the money you won't beat the AudioEngine A2+'s.  audio engine also sells a wireless adapter.

This also looks like a promising all in one solution which even uses AptX for lossless wireless. You can trust AudioEngine to sound as good as possible especially considering the small enclosures they still manage to give good sound.

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Powered-Speaker-Systems/B2-Blk-Bluetooth-Speaker

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 23
  For the money you won't beat the AudioEngine A2+'s.  audio engine also sells a wireless adapter.

This also looks like a promising all in one solution which even uses AptX for lossless wireless. You can trust AudioEngine to sound as good as possible especially considering the small enclosures they still manage to give good sound.

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Powered-Speaker-Systems/B2-Blk-Bluetooth-Speaker

i need like a 2 peice setup for my desktop so i cant use that

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #14 of 23
  LSR305 i was looking at this model too but what adapters do i need to plug this into a computer? seems to have 2 inputs behind and i dont know what are the difference, i dont mind buying extra wires and adapters to have the best sound quality outta this... and btw is this speaker bassy like comparable to a bose speaker?

also i dont se a usb port behind this speaker so how do i attach a bluetooth dongle?

The JBL is rather neutral but has an option to tune the sound on the backpanel. Though the bassperformance is superb and very clean!

What is your current setup? Do you have a DAC/Interface? Otherwise you could connect the Speakers with your mainboard/soundcard using the given terminations on your hardware (f.e. the headphone out) with suitable cables.

Another possibilty is to connect the speaker with an bluetooth adaptor with RCA termination. Logitech, Yamaha and HArman offer a couple of those. 

Kind regards,
Ape

Jun 13, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #15 of 23

The JBL is rather neutral but has an option to tune the sound on the backpanel. Though the bassperformance is superb and very clean!

What is your current setup? Do you have a DAC/Interface? Otherwise you could connect the Speakers with your mainboard/soundcard using the given terminations on your hardware (f.e. the headphone out) with suitable cables.

Another possibilty is to connect the speaker with an bluetooth adaptor with RCA termination. Logitech, Yamaha and HArman offer a couple of those. 

Kind regards,
Ape

i am not very good with the technical jargon of audio stuff.

basically i own a CPU that is using a MSI z170a M5 gaming motherboard which have a audio jack behind.

1) it seems like i need adapters to connect to my CPU? * WIRED *
2) how do i add a bluetooth dongle to the jbl speakers so i can use my handphone to blue tooth with it
3) are there any other speakers which is more user friendly with a CPU and has good bass and good sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back