Hi I have the AKG K712 Pro for gaming, but it's not as good as I would like for music, would you help?
Jan 21, 2021 at 8:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thefreed

New Head-Fier
I like the AKG K712 Pro, and it's still pretty good for music, but it doesn't give me the eargasm that I would really like. I don't mind if it's closed or open, just something that will work well with the music that I listen to, if it matters I have the sound blaster x g6 for a sound card.

I listen to kind of indie/dance, house, and chill type of music if that makes any sense. Like these:

I appreciate the help thank you!

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #2 of 5
This kind of music usually doesn't fit well with the classic hifi headphones. Also the K712 should need a good chain and you say you plug it in your computer directly.

What i'd look for:

Sony MDR Z7. Very easy to drive and good on bad sources. V shaped with plenty of bass that bleeds in the mids and a bit peaky treble. Technically not a good headphone but it's fun.

Audioquest Nightowl. Very laidback, dark and muffled with a good bass and and overall balanced tonality.

Hifiman Ananda/Sundara. Very pleasing tonality with good planar bass for this kind of music. They are also not demanding on the source (can only speak for the Ananda) but they maybe need a bit more power than a computer can deliver because they're planars.

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #3 of 5
This kind of music usually doesn't fit well with the classic hifi headphones. Also the K712 should need a good chain and you say you plug it in your computer directly.

What i'd look for:

Sony MDR Z7. Very easy to drive and good on bad sources. V shaped with plenty of bass that bleeds in the mids and a bit peaky treble. Technically not a good headphone but it's fun.

Audioquest Nightowl. Very laidback, dark and muffled with a good bass and and overall balanced tonality.

Hifiman Ananda/Sundara. Very pleasing tonality with good planar bass for this kind of music. They are also not demanding on the source (can only speak for the Ananda) but they maybe need a bit more power than a computer can deliver because they're planars.
Good chain? Do you mean a dac and an amp? I do have the sound blasterx g6, so it isn't enough? Thank you for your help, Hifiman Ananda looks pretty good to me :D.

Jan 21, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Takstar HF 580 planar headphones, with Sendyaudio AVIA ear pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back