Hi-Fi Friday
Apr 9, 2021 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13
Hello Head-Fi!

We’ve started a new video short series to get us into the groove as the week winds down. “Hi-Fi Friday” sits at a more casual intersection of music and gear, and we hope it sparks some input from our friends at Head-Fi. While you may run across it on social media or YouTube, we know this community has a tremendous amount of knowledge on virtually any Hi-Fi or music-related topic, and so we want to share our #HiFiFriday posts in this thread.

Episode 1 is for the vinyl lovers: whether you’re just starting out or have a serious setup (and anywhere in between), what are your go-to records to evaluate new cans? What makes them stand out?

Have a great weekend!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Apr 10, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 13
The great thing about record players with headphones, is that you don't have vibrations from loudspeakers interfering with the record player.

I have found it really useful when playing around with turntable support setup. I just ask myself, 'is performance with loudspeakers getting closer to that with headphones?', then I know if the changes I am making are improvements.

Apr 11, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 13
Vinyl or no vinyl this album is my 1st go to when testing new headphones:
Rachelle Ferrell - Individuality (Can I Be Me?) - amazing technical and musical quality.
And especially the 3rd track.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 13
The great thing about record players with headphones, is that you don't have vibrations from loudspeakers interfering with the record player.

I remember this exact problem!

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #8 of 13
Sennheiser update me with new flagship headphones :)
The HD 800S is great, I’m getting a chance today and tomorrow to have a listen with the HD 8xx as well! Comparison video coming up after I figure out what to say, and editing too of course 😅

This Friday, I’m going to contribute a video along a similar vein as the last HiFi Friday, (re) introducing myself and my top three albums. Eric and I will be bouncing back and forth to keep a steady stream of audio enthusiast content coming, and we LOVE the contributions from people like @pbui44, @KopaneDePooj, and everyone else in this community!

May 21, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #9 of 13
It’s #HiFiFriday again!

This week, I picked some of my favorite “whole album experiences” from streaming, compact disc, and my very first vinyl album. I think these are all interesting albums that take me on a journey as I listen to them back-to-front... the vinyl experience is new to me, mesmerizing to look at the album art and the spinning platter while I get lost in the sound! If you were starting a vinyl collection, what would be your first album?

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #10 of 13
Hey Everyone!
It’s Hi-Fi Friday 😊 This week, Sennheiser is featuring special guest Dillon Smith; family man, Led-Head and owner of @Noble Records in Matthews, NC shares his listening tips for records that sound amazing on headphones, and this is one for the serious diggers. We have five heavy audiophile pressings on the menu today, including Marvin Gaye’s masterpiece “What’s Going On” (celebrating its 50th anniversary last week) and of course – a smoking hot pressing of Led Zeppelin’s classic album, II. Put on your favorite headphones and check out the rest of Dillon’s selections. Happy Hi-Fi Friday, ya’ll. #hififriday #audiophile #vinyl

Jun 5, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #11 of 13
Hey Everyone!
It’s Hi-Fi Friday 😊 This week, Sennheiser is featuring special guest Dillon Smith; family man, Led-Head and owner of @Noble Records in Matthews, NC shares his listening tips for records that sound amazing on headphones, and this is one for the serious diggers. We have five heavy audiophile pressings on the menu today, including Marvin Gaye’s masterpiece “What’s Going On” (celebrating its 50th anniversary last week) and of course – a smoking hot pressing of Led Zeppelin’s classic album, II. Put on your favorite headphones and check out the rest of Dillon’s selections. Happy Hi-Fi Friday, ya’ll. #hififriday #audiophile #vinyl

I gave up on vinyl seventeen years ago, and frankly do not miss it an iota.
That pressing of Zep 2 is unobtanium. Prices for it (if you can find one for sale) are astronomical. Good on that dude for having the Holiest of Holy Grail Zep pressings.

Jun 10, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #12 of 13
It’s #HiFiFriday again!

This week, I picked some of my favorite “whole album experiences” from streaming, compact disc, and my very first vinyl album. I think these are all interesting albums that take me on a journey as I listen to them back-to-front... the vinyl experience is new to me, mesmerizing to look at the album art and the spinning platter while I get lost in the sound! If you were starting a vinyl collection, what would be your first album?

Umm... I can't pick one. So I'll give you five in no particular order:

- The Beatles - Abbey Road (2019 Mix / remaster)
- Marillion - Clutching at Straws (2018 Remix)
- Roxy Music - Avalon (one of the finest productions ever)
- Tears For Fears - The Seeds Of Love (2020 Remaster)
- Abba - The Album (hey someone give the Abba catalog remasters! I'm looking at you Steven...)

I'm already thinking of another five :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #13 of 13
#HiFiFriday is back!

This time featuring the Brazilian DJ duo Batukizer, with liner notes explaining what the draw is for their 5 Album picks. Enjoy some music from this colorful and lively land south of the equator!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back