Hi-fi audio signal chain -- no more sigma-delta
Jan 11, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #91 of 110
quick reader? actually understood all the references, terminology, math in the paper?  - there's a lot the willing learner could find with keywords in my posts that could lead to good references

as I said few are interested in adversarial debate as a teaching tool for engineering science and technology basics

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #94 of 110
I'll just go with the idea that m3_ created at least one of those new accounts to talk to himself.

Jan 11, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #95 of 110
  I find Arun's argumentation technique quite ingenious.

"You don't convince me, therefore I'm right"
"I'm right, therefore you don't convince me"

You can't lose! Genius!

Thank you; however, that's not what I'm doing. My technique is simply to propose a theory that can't be disproven. That is the definition of scientific truth.

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:23 PM Post #104 of 110
Does anyone have measurements of NOS Non-oversampling DACs. So many claims on that they are "smoother and less digital" sounding, It might be due to the sharper AA LPF cutting off the treble earlier than a oversampling modern DAC with a slow roll off LPF, most likely not places as low as the NOS DAC either.

Jan 19, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #105 of 110
Most NOS DACs don't have an AAF (strictly speaking its an AIF) at all or only a 1st order one. Whereas all oversampling S-D DACs do, in the digital domain at the least.

I have a hypothesis which I'm testing, that's that NOS DACs sound more analogue-like due to lower noise modulation than S-D types. When I added a sharp AIF to my NOS DAC, the noisefloor (subjectively) dropped considerably, resulting in an almost holographic soundstage. This sold me on steep AIFs but its an on-going experiment to answer the question 'how steep should they be?'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back