Hi-Fi acoustic albums?
Feb 18, 2015 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

GrmanRodriguez

New Head-Fier
Hi
I have not posted in a while, but anyways. I asked a long time ago for good albums to test soundstage (I think) on my HD 429 S, you recommended Unplugged by Eric Clapton. Now I absolutely love the album and hear it a lot, but I know if I only listen to that album I'll get bored of it, so I'm open to suggestions. I'd love terrific soundstage and the use of piano and acoustic guitar, with a similar style to that of Unplugged. Thanks!

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #2 of 6
Out of what I've heard recently you could try some Bon Iver or Bear's Den tracks, they're acoustic/piano songs sounded decent on my HD600's. Otherwise if you use a streaming service (ie: Spotify) they usually make playlists for unplugged music, acoustic etc.

I think the tracks that really shined on my HP's were:
Bon Iver - I Can't Make You Love Me/Nick Of Time   (had great sound-stage)
Bears Den - Sophie
Bears Den - Writing On The Wall (Spotify Session)

from memory I remember this track sound-stage being insane, I forgot I even existed and felt like I was just musical notes surfing down the waves - and I was sober. - Unfortunately not my favourite kind of track so I haven't listened to it all that much, but quality was a league above others.

Call Me A Spaceman (Unplugged) - Hardwell, Collin McLoughlin

Don't know your taste in music but might be worth checking out unplugged versions from:

Johnny Cash
Led Zeppelin

Piano wise I remember these being decent:

Ludovico Einaudi
Nils Frahm

Good luck!

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't listen to a lot of acoustic albums, but Sessions from the 17th Ward by Amber Rubarth is amazing (it's a Chesky binaural). Unplugged by Eric Clapton is good as well. Grouplove and Of Monsters and Men might not be considered audiophile quality, but I like them too.

Feb 24, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Alice in Chains - unplugged

Users who are viewing this thread

Back