Hi-end portable! Ultrasone EDITION 8 revealed
Nov 18, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #107 of 133
EUR 1230
deadhorse.gif
, WHY THE BELL NOT
popcorn.gif

Nov 18, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #108 of 133
Looks like fail to me.

Ultrasone is going to suffer on sales big time with this one I suspect.

Nov 18, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #109 of 133
I think they look quite slick!
smile.gif

But with a price tag of ~150,000 Yen they need to be top performers as well, to be competitive.

Guess we will have to see.

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #111 of 133
At first they were hideous, but now they are really growing on me. I quite like their appearance now.

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #112 of 133
Henmyr ...ditto.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #114 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, Sov... but you've never heard the UE11 (neither have I for that matter). Your opinion about them (like mine), means nothing. Zero. Your experience with "them" was not with the UE11. You really shouldn't make such ridiculous posts because by doing so, it undermines your credibility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a joke right? Sorry but you are absolutely wrong on that, I have heard both the UE11 and UE10. At Canjam my table was two tables from them...
Sorry to tell you that I will not post misleading info so easily, and you as a moderator should not do this kind of recriminations in public, if you are not sure of what you are saying...and I think that the post that is ridiculous now is yours, not mine...Ask bozebuttons if you like, he was seated besides me sharing them...
confused_face.gif

Now, if you are referring to the fact that I heard them with the universal fit, that is another issue, and you could say so, but I have never said that I have heard them with the custom molds in any place...but IMO the difference should be day and night to justify that uberidiculous price tag...

I didn't mean to pick a fight but the point of the matter is that you've never heard the UE11. What you heard was a UE11 prototype made with universal fit moulds. They were neither the final design for the UE11 or universal fit. For both reasons, the final product that people are paying the big money for represents a substantially better device than what you heard.

I heard those universal fit prototype UE11 as well and they didn't sound nearly as good as my custom fit UE10. Yet, from everything I've read from those who have both the UE10 and UE11, the UE11 are much better than the UE10. Likewise, for those who heard the prototype UE11 and then ordered a pair of custom fit UE11, the reaction has also been that the final product is much better than the prototype was.

There have been threads about this before, and as with this thread, you steadfastly refused to believe that the final product could be much different than what you heard with the prototype. Yet, those who have made such comparisons based on their real experiences say that there is a big difference.

I'm not arguing about whether they're worth it. I think that for most people, clearly they're not. Otherwise, UE would sell a lot more of them than they have.

Perhaps I came off too strong in my post and made it seem like a personal attack, which it really wasn't intended to be (as such). It's just that you were so quick to jump in on the value proposition, talking about what the UE11 are worth relative to the Ultrasone products that you know and love, but the reality is that you've never actually heard the UE11 as it is known to the marketplace.

Maybe I was wrong for pointing this out, but the truth is the truth.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #115 of 133
For such expensive pair of headphones, it doesn't look like much time was spent on designing the phones itself.

Still, I can't judge a book by its cover.....

Nov 19, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #116 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
don't mind me, it's my ADD trying to de-rail the thread
wink.gif

Shout out to Pirate King!!!

Oh wait...this is a headphone forum...

furi kuri furi kuri furi...fu...ri?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back