​
 ​
 ​
d i a r y  o f  a  s o m e t h i n g  s o m e t h i n g
τρεις
 ​
 ​

A continuation of this.
Talk to me or suggest something for me to write about.
Talk amongst yourselves.
Share you thoughts on music or headphones or whatevs.
IDK.​
 ​

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 713
My second home is back!

Actually, it's closer to my primary home for the time being, LOL

Loooong story, but it also means I'm single nowadays...

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 713
Dope font layout Romy. T-minus when til the others get here so I can invoke Foodwin's Law?

I came into the UERM and LAB I awhile back and it's kinda quelled the urge to look into other things for a good while.* I like being able to just plug into my phone and be content. Returned a Calyx M and a Plenue 1 as a result. Nice soundin players though they are, I I just couldn't justify the expense. Dumped my funds into a 128 GB iPhone 6 and haven't looked back.

Discovered that Amazon Prime had a music component to it the other day so I've been subsisting on their free albums cause the LAB makes me wanna rip my clothes off and experience everything. I grabbed Wu Tang's 36 Chamber and some Tyler the Creator and I'm kinda wanting to check out some more Hippity Hop.

Finally adopted a cat the other day. I named her Zelda since I can still deposit bombs and flames in their proper locations to access places that are secrets to no one. She's a Maine Coon mix and lives on my legs half of the day.

My days are spent lounging around in sweats with a cat growing out of my lap.

Thus ends my update

*actually no, I still plan to buy the SS off of TomScy

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 713
smiley_thumb.gif
 A huge welcome for you; autumn. Look forward to expressions from you and others.

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #5 of 713
Nice to have you back.

Man you guys are being hard on me with the Lab.

I have been struggling with the Roxannes still not fitting my ears after...wait for it...3 adjustments and reshells...or the story of the cursed canal. Which is quite a shame as I like how they sound...full and spacious. Highs could be sparklier and better defined.

Besides new very demanding job and 1 year old genius son...so quite busy.

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #7 of 713
YAY!

Well, MF, first I have to say that I missed your musings, impressions and mega wall of texts with so much info that gave me headaches (in a good way!) Still trying to go through your "150+ albums to hear" thread, so much greatness there!

Anyway, as for suggestion, I'd definitely like to read impressions on gear you have tried these past few months and what you have been up to as well! :)

Thanks for the note/invite!
Will definitely stay tuned.

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #8 of 713
My second home is back!

Actually, it's closer to my primary home for the time being, LOL

Loooong story, but it also means I'm single nowadays...

Ominous... I hope you're okay cdc.
-----------------
It's good to have you back, friends.I'll resume lurking as usual, but with an even more valid reason: a job!!:smiley:

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #10 of 713
Okay, let's do this.

I am actually worried what this might do, the topic I'm about to suggest. Or at least this will apply to those that play video games and/or not busy enough to pretend to give a flying fack about the industry.

I'm interested in discussing about gamergate. Without going into details yet because I'm about to go to sleep, I'm on the fence about all of the hoopla. Okay, that's a lie. I'm subscribed to a subreddit dedicated to gamergate, and that's where I get my newsletter of the controversy, but for all intents and purposes, my actual opinion for now is apathetic about it. It would've been nice if I wasn't insulted as a male gamer though. Or how eerily Illuminati-conspiracy-esque the whole debacle is.

In case this topic is monitored and moderation prone, I'll apologise in advance since I've been away/very isolated from the greater areas of headfi didn't know of any fisticuffs that happened.

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #12 of 713

I'll trade you the SS for that feline parasite.

I'm also working hard to convince L. Tsang (not sure if his better known moniker is considered persona non grata) to export a Spotted Mist to me from Sydney Harbo(u)r.

The SS won't keep my legs warm during the bitter winter so "no di-say compadre". 

I actually inadvertently clicked on that link after wondering what in the world "Spotted Mist" was and wound up watchin that whole thing. Such a distinguished looking animal. Like the Clooney of cats or something. 

Quote:

Gamergate? Goodness, I'm so unsubcultured. Had to google it; but I actually saw a thing on it before on al-Jazeera. Sorry, don't have anything meaningful to contribute. I have keyboard diarrhea ATM.

Maybe if you spent less time learning about sub-mandigular glands and sensuous lighting and more time shopping for fedoras, you'd totally be a euphoric and cultured cat cad. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 713
Well hello there!  
smile.gif
   I'm honestly going to be playing massive catch-up with everything that's been posted so far.

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #14 of 713
Or how eerily Illuminati-conspiracy-esque the whole debacle is.

Present-day believers in an absolute truth identified with virtue and justice are neither willing nor desirable companions for the defenders of social justice.
 ​
WAR IS PEACE​
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY​
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH​
 ​
If you want some Spooky Truth, look up the origin of that first quote.  In-context it isn't as nefarious as it seems, but the thoughtlessness of it is telling and deeply problematic in a way that I think is relevant to a lot of what's going on now.  Pretty much all movements like this have their bad eggs of course, but in this instance those people are very consistently allergic to things like truth, objectivity, standards, etc. and conveniently feel righteous for it.  Personally, I'd love it if games truly examined these issues since I genuinely want to be stimulated by them and detest the {imo} unambitious "we just want fun games, mkay?" line of counter-argument, but hell if some of these jerks {of which I know many} would know the first thing about making that happen.

I have other thoughts about this, but genuinely don't know if I want to get into it now, if at all in this thread. 

Sep 27, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #15 of 713
Ominous... I hope you're okay cdc.
It's good to have you back, friends.I'll resume lurking as usual, but with an even more valid reason: a job!!:smiley:

I'm okay my friend, I'm okay. I'll write up a longer post about what's happened and situation that I'm livin' in, and while it won't be pretty, I'm optimistic.

As for the gates. I love that they're making *gates about everything. Gamergate, bendgate, etcetera.

I'm going to create a gate for going to the toilet and I'm going to call it #assgate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back