HF-2
Aug 18, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #796 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by ABathingApe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"All metal work for the Music Series Two is machined from a special non-resonant, very hard alloy."

So it's probably not aluminum like the HF-2's.

Ah that is a possible explanation.

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #797 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got my shipping notification today. Now the 2nd waiting game begins and I sincerely hope that EMS will make a significant difference time-wise versus Priority.

Just for curiosity, does FedEx have the tendency to charge you with extra fees when receiving your items? I had a bad experience using DHL so I'm a bit wary using those express parcel services now.

What's your order number? Hopefully Todd has crossed into the #5900s (I'm #5975)

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #798 of 1,149
Quote:

I just got my shipping notification today. Now the 2nd waiting game begins and I sincerely hope that EMS will make a significant difference time-wise versus Priority.

Just for curiosity, does FedEx have the tendency to charge you with extra fees when receiving your items? I had a bad experience using DHL so I'm a bit wary using those express parcel services now.

I recently got a package of clothing in from the States to Canada via Fedex and thought I got away scotch free. But there was a follow up invoice with extra charges like a month later. You may get dinged if you went Fedex.

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #799 of 1,149
Quote:

FedEx absolutely charges for "brokerage," and through the nose, too. EMS is run through Canada Post here, so duties are collected but brokerage charge is modest at 5.00.

o

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #800 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by esco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's your order number? Hopefully Todd has crossed into the #5900s (I'm #5975)

No news - #5889 ............

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #801 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by esco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was charged on Friday the 14th and got my shipping notice and tracking number for order #5881 today (August 18th). Hope this helps those trying to figure out their shipping dates.

Zen

Aug 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #802 of 1,149
#230 arrived today. So far so good. Impression will come soon.

Aug 18, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #803 of 1,149
I decided to look into this build quality issue in more depth, so I removed the HF-2s from my head and have done an exhaustive inspection and still cannot find ANY marks, abrasions, scuffs, nicks anywhere my pair seem to have blessed (must be the perfection that runs in the family). I have decided now to stop listening to them altogether and simply spend all of my time looking at them, admiring them while I use other sonically inferior phones for my listening displeasure. After all it IS the visual not the aural - right?
tongue.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #804 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine looked fine till I put on my Reading glasses
icon10.gif

Leave the pads on and you don't see the glue.

Back in '99 I had Lasik done to both of my eyes. Before the surgery, my vision was 20/200 in both the left and right sides.
People were a lot better looking then. As soon as I had my vison correction, I realized that a good percentage of the human population is damn ugly!
Perhaps we would be a happier society if we all had poor vision. More tolerant, at least.
smile.gif
Rose colored glasses so to speak.

Aug 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #805 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to look into this build quality issue in more depth, so I removed the HF-2s from my head and have done an exhaustive inspection and still cannot find ANY marks, abrasions, scuffs, nicks anywhere my pair seem to have blessed (must be the perfection that runs in the family). I have decided now to stop listening to them altogether and simply spend all of my time looking at them, admiring them while I use other sonically inferior phones for my listening displeasure. After all it IS the visual not the aural - right?
tongue.gif

Well, lets take the two scenarios we have here.

Yours are perfect, some are not, like mine. If you take care of yours and don't abuse them, don't get any rubs, dings, or scratches on them. Then yours will be worth more than mine if resale were to become necessary. Basically a lot of Grados are sold as A-Stock but are really B-Stock. I'll have to disclose all the bangs, nicks, rubs, etc.

I don't know if you buy 2nd hand gear, I do. I take off for every frayed cord or dinged cup. That effects the value. It detracts from new. I suspect if you buy 2nd hand gear you do the same. If I buy a car and it has scratched paint, sun faded upholstery and dinged fenders, those blemishes count off the price I will pay. It is still a car, as you would be quick to point out. But when I go to sell that beat up car, rest assured, the next buyer will want to discount those detractions. Only in the AudioPhool world is this even a conversation. Would you accept a Mercedes, BMW, or even a Honda as new if the fender was creased? It's ludicrous to defend slipshod work.

My choices?

1) Send them back
2) Keep them
3) Sell them now or later and disclose that mine are Facto Dinged like a bunch of them out there.

They do sound great and my plans are to keep them. However, it remains
a shame that the company:

Can't spell
Can't engrave and QC their work
Can't Glue something together without slopping Glue about
Can't work with delicate surfaces without banging them about
Can't resolve a problem without making it worse

I do enjoy listening to them though...

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #806 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, lets take the two scenarios we have here.

Yours are perfect, some are not, like mine. If you take care of yours and don't abuse them, don't get any rubs, dings, or scratches on them. Then yours will be worth more than mine if resale were to become necessary. Basically a lot of Grados are sold as A-Stock but are really B-Stock. I'll have to disclose all the bangs, nicks, rubs, etc.

I don't know if you buy 2nd hand gear, I do. I take off for every frayed cord or dinged cup. That effects the value. It detracts from new. I suspect if you buy 2nd hand gear you do the same. If I buy a car and it has scratched paint, sun faded upholstery and dinged fenders, those blemishes count off the price I will pay. It is still a car, as you would be quick to point out. But when I go to sell that beat up car, rest assured, the next buyer will want to discount those detractions. Only in the AudioPhool world is this even a conversation. Would you accept a Mercedes, BMW, or even a Honda as new if the fender was creased? It's ludicrous to defend slipshod work.

My choices?

1) Send them back
2) Keep them
3) Sell them now or later and disclose that mine are Facto Dinged like a bunch of them out there.

They do sound great and my plans are to keep them. However, it remains
a shame that the company:

Can't spell
Can't engrave and QC their work
Can't Glue something together without slopping Glue about
Can't work with delicate surfaces without banging them about
Can't resolve a problem without making it worse

I do enjoy listening to them though...

Well said.

Aug 19, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #807 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
International shipping takes longer than domestic, that's not a surprise to you is it?

I haven't been charged yet either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back