HF-1: Headfier profiteering
Apr 14, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #17 of 245
I didn't get one and I want one. I regret it now.

If it costs more to get one now, then such is the nature of a market economy.

To suggest that only people who have an HF-1 support this "profiteering" is wrong. You can't reap the benefits of a free market economy daily and cry about it when it doesn't work out for you. Doing so would be hypocritical.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 245
It is wrong. Just plain wrong. It's like scalpers that manage to get front row seats to the concert you've been waiting to see. You stay up all night waiting for the sale to start, but despite your best eforts, you end up with terrible seats just to see all of the front row seats on eBay.

You mean to tell me that because we live in a capitalist society it is "fair" that profiteers buy all the good seats just to sell them for a profit?

I don't think so. It reminds me of the eBayer that bid up all of the Xbox 360 eBay sales and didn't pay for a single one. All of them went for over $1k but the sellers did not see a single penny. **** you. When they re-sold I hope they went for below cost. That guy is my hero. In our society, what he did was very wrong, but I rejoiced. It was a small victory for the little guy. And a sweet one at that.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #19 of 245
before this gets ugly: why in the world doesn't grado release more?

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #20 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
To be fair, they were on the market for like...half a decade...
smily_headphones1.gif

All this whining will be gone in due time
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #21 of 245
I've said this before, but IMO, it's the people who want to pay so much that drive up these prices so much. Of course, the people who ebayed them WHILE they were still on sale pretty much set the tone for the inflation :-/

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #22 of 245
Okay i'm lost. How much was it then and how much is it now?

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #23 of 245
In the Greater Scheme of things who cares?

If as Todd has stated there will be less chance of custom headphone runs because of this behavior then we all lose.

If no one bought them for outrageous prices they wouldn’t sell for outrageous prices.

We make the market by living it.

To me they’re worth $200 if you want more I’ll get something else. If it takes $400 in mods to make them close to the RS-1’s then I’ll buy the RS-1’s and be done with it.

Mitch

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #24 of 245
This issue has been discussed ad nauseum, as long as there is a limited supply and an increasing demand the price will go up. This phenomenon isn't exclusive to the HF-1, compare the original price for a HE60 setup or an HP-2 with their current going rate. If you want to sell your HF-1 for less than market price feel free but whining about the going rate for HF-1s is getting a little tiresome.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #25 of 245
You probably don't want the HF-1s as they are rather unlucky. A large, disproportionate percentage of HF-1s owners run into unfortunate financial situations, shortly after acquiring the headphones. Alas although the owners love the sound, sadly they and the HF-1s must part via an IC thread, and of course: buyers please remember to include the 3% Paypal fees.
Since it's such a recurring theme with these headphones, obviously the logical explanation is that they are cursed.

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #27 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
Yey.... i guess in seven years i'll deserve to own one
rolleyes.gif

Heh, my response wasn't directed at you. You're a regular here, just wait it out. There will be opportunities where people will be willing to sell it to another regular for only their own cost.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #28 of 245
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
You probably don't want the HF-1s as they are rather unlucky. A large, disproportionate percentage of HF-1s owners run into unfortunate financial situations, shortly after acquiring the headphones. Alas although the owners love the sound, sadly they and the HF-1s must part via an IC thread, and of course: buyers please remember to include the 3% Paypal fees.
Since it's such a recurring theme with these headphones, obviously the logical explanation is that they are cursed.

icon10.gif

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #29 of 245
Quote:

LOL! I was thinking the same thing...

"What can I say in this thread so that I don't seem like a money grubbing ******?...I know...financial problems!"

Apr 14, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #30 of 245
Quote:

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back