Hey Vinyl spinners what cart are you using right now?
Dec 12, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #46 of 110
My OC9 sounds fine!
L3000.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #49 of 110
Oddball: Aurex 550M

edit: Bought and had repaired a B&O 4004, so I am now using an MMC20EN cartridge.

Dec 17, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #54 of 110
nice jp11801. I'm not super thrilled with the Shelter but I'm back into my CD's and DVD-A's now and just got a new headphone amp so the phono is on the back burner again...lol
The Shelter seems a bit bright sometimes. Of course on the right recording it can sound killer. Can you describe the sound of the Bloom for me? Did you get your Shelter from Jay at AR?

Dec 20, 2008 at 2:27 PM Post #55 of 110
I just got my xPression III, using the 2M red it came with
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #56 of 110
I am currently using a Stanton 681EEE with an LP Gear Shibata stylus, (D6800EEE-S), which I believe was manufactured by JICO. This stylus brings this cartridge to well within moving coil territory and any one who has a Stanton 680/681 body lying around and hasn't tried this stylus yet is a fool. For those who like a sound with more warmth and less moving coil, they offer the Hyperelliptical stylus,(D6800EEE), which may actually be a closer match to the original Stereohedron stylus. Either stylus should be a noticeable upgrade to any Florida manufactured Stanton Stylus.

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #58 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice jp11801. I'm not super thrilled with the Shelter but I'm back into my CD's and DVD-A's now and just got a new headphone amp so the phono is on the back burner again...lol
The Shelter seems a bit bright sometimes. Of course on the right recording it can sound killer. Can you describe the sound of the Bloom for me? Did you get your Shelter from Jay at AR?

oddly enough the 501 was a little rolled off on top for me and the 7000 was nice but slightly off in tone the yatra got it just right the bloom is close but not as detailed as the yatra. I did not get the shelter from Jay but did do about $6000 with him at this point after a few purchases from AR I moved to a different dealer.

I am really interested in the soundsmith line of carts if they can provide the mids that I love from moving iron but extend on top and bottom as promised they should be great. I heard them at the HES show 2 years back and was wowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back