Hey! There's a mistake on your website!
Jun 17, 2007 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

Tyll Hertsens

Garmentus Vulgaris & Headphoneus Supremus
Member of the Trade: Innerfidelity
We have a pretty huge web site, and it's sometimes more than we can handle keeping it up to date. Please feel free to help use find errors by posting your comments here. We can't promise we'll fix it right away---or even in a timely manner---but we want to try. We've gotten some great help in the past by folks pointing things out to us, and we want to make that channel of feedback a little more efficient. Please include a link when you can. Thanks!

Jun 17, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 41
The search feature on your site could use a lot of improvement. Type DT880 and you'll get a ton of links all to the same underlying page, just with different URLs. Type Etymotic and you'll get a bazillion links to the build-a-graph page just because Etymotic appears on the drop-down menus (not because Etymotic actually appears in the graph, because in nearly all cases it doesn't).

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The search feature on your site could use a lot of improvement. Type DT880 and you'll get a ton of links all to the same underlying page, just with different URLs. Type Etymotic and you'll get a bazillion links to the build-a-graph page just because Etymotic appears on the drop-down menus (not because Etymotic actually appears in the graph, because in nearly all cases it doesn't).

x2, also searching K701 gets a bunch of recabled versions and packages instead of the actual headphone.

Jun 18, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 41
For the frequency response graphs, some of the names are not spelled correctly. I believe the Senn Orpheus is messed up; the Shure SE310 and SE420 are E310 and E420; the UE Triple.fi 10 Pro are donned Tripple.fi; and the Jays stuff don't have a brand name before them, so the D-Jays and J-Jays appear separately. Also, this isn't really a mistake, but what's up with not having the KSC75s up there?

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 41
Sorry to keep bringing this up year after year
tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...03#post1318503

Jul 17, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry to keep bringing this up year after year
tongue.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...03#post1318503

That too is appreciated, Raul. I do need a good proding sometimes. We have been a little buried in policies and procedures lately but summer is a good time to catch up on the details. A lot of the models you have listed we do not have so we'll have to hope for some loaners at some point. I think what we need is a little more incentive for those that send in their headphones for testing. We do hope to be talking more about the value of headphone measurements in our forum soon. I think I could give away a coffee mug and some cable wraps pretty easily but that just doesn't seem like enough. Any ideas?

Anyway, here's your old list of needed measurements. Feel free to suggest more although that may justify another thread after a little while.

ATH-L3000 (well pretty much all AT's are missing, at least the AT900 should also be measured imho)
Grado HP-1000 (all the varieties maybe??? HP-1, HP-2, HP-3)
Grado PS-1
Phillips (model?)
Shure E4c
Sony Qualia
Sony R10
Sony SA-5000
Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro

Thanks again,
Jamey

Jul 17, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, here's your old list of needed measurements. Feel free to suggest more although that may justify another thread after a little while.

Hi Jamey, I'd like to second Jonneboi's suggestion: including the Koss KSC-75, and if possible, also the KSC-35.

Aug 21, 2007 at 10:53 AM Post #11 of 41
Nothing yet, but I will think about it.
You could of course put a link to your home page in your signature! :wink:

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #12 of 41
* The beyerdynamic DT660 and DT880 appear twice in the Build A Graph drop-down. These probably represent different editions (e.g. 2003 and 2005 or 2006), but it isn't listed clearly.

* A Reset button on the Build A Graph page would be nice. The lack of one isn't a mistake as such, but a Reset button is pretty much a standard feature on pages like this.

* When I do a Google search for headroom desktop portable, the first hit is for a bag, and the second hit is for a Headroom Desktop Portable product page that no longer exists (and Google's cache reveals outdated pricing and options). You might want to consider redirecting the old page to the "2007 HeadRoom Portable Desktop Amp" page.

[edit: I see that the #1 search result for headroom desktop portable on both yahoo.com and live.com and the #2 hit at ask.com are for the same defunct page, which by the way reads, "The page your are trying to view has been moved or is no longer available."]

* There are dead links on your Reviews and Opinions page. There might be others, but the OCWizard review page is gone, and older Stereophile links take you to the Stereophile home page.

Aug 25, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #14 of 41
Your page on the Headroom 2007 Ultra Micro DAC has the wording from the original Micro DAC page:

Quote:

If using the coax/optical input, you will need an Optical Digital Cable along with a Toslink to Mini Adaptor.

In fact, it appears that the both it and the (non-Ultra) 2007 Micro DAC (the page for which uses the same wording) actually take a full size Optical Toslink connector.

EDIT: Actually the page for the 2007 Ultra Micro Amp and the page for the 2007 Micro Amp have the same DAC-related wording. (I appreciate that you just got these pages up and the descriptions in the main body text are otherwise excellent.)

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #15 of 41
Hi Guys!

Thanks for all the great input-- you save us a lot of time by making these posts.
wink.gif

I will pass along graph-related issues to others, as that is not within Marketing's realm. However some of this other stuff is.

We did fix the Micro DAC's info regarding the mini/non-mini connectors, thanks for pointing that out!! Andrew is our most excellent Media Tech, and he'll also be taking a look at some of the dead links and other issues you mentioned as time allows. He should be checking this thread periodically so if there's anything else you notice please feel free to post. Again, we appreciate it!

As for search functions, that's great info too, and I will soon be preparing to contact SiteLevel for a number of minor tweaks. I'll be adding the search concerns addressed here to the list.

I think the measurement stuff is likely to be what you guys would most like to see... and I can't help out there.
frown.gif
Just PM Tyll, as he the guy who can make stuff happen around here...
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back