Hey! Some question on the v-moda, are they good?
Feb 7, 2012 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

HeyImNew1

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone!
I have been getting a little serious on this heaphones thing since 3 months ago. I bought the SENNHEISSER HD448 which turned to be a huge fall down. Now I'm intrested in a new set of headphones and I saw the V-MODA series.
I chose the V-MODA because I need them to sound great, yet  looking good, so my dillema is between the m-80's, and the lp2's.
You know, because of the mistake Iv'e done with my HD 448 I don't want to be mistaken again (I'm buying my headphones on blind, therefore I won't have a chance to listen to them somewhere because I'm from Israel, and I didn't see them anywhere here..) so I know a few things that I need from my new set: In comparison( to he hd 448, they did really bad, and maybe to higher costing sets) they should have a good bass and reach to a high volume( really my Ipod earbuds did that better).
So I need to know: I have read that the m-80's are pretty neutural. It scared me because the hd448 are also mentioned as a neutural pair. I'm not an audiophile or something, I'm just an avereage user who likes to enjoy his music. I also would like to mention that Iv'e heard in the Beats, both the Studio and on Solo's and they impressed me. I really liked their bass, even though that around here most of you call it muddy. So, The lp2's didn't get lots of good reviews out here and they are mentioned to have a strong bass. Is that true? How are the bass in the m80s compared to these, is it strong enough?
Because im buying blind, im seeking some help that will help me decide between the lp2, and th m-80. I do need a pretty strong bass but because I have never heard music in a good set, I dont know how it will sound. I listen to all kinds of music(not classical or jazz), with a little emphasyze one rap and hip hop. I'm afraid that the set will be too neutural, I do need some colour, and I don't want to make another mistake by paying 200 dollars on a set that won't be better than my Ipod earbuds.
Please help me here!
Thanks in advance
confused.gif

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #2 of 12
M80 frankly blows the LP2 out of the water.  The LP2 is a bloated bass bearing baron with a completely washed out mid range.  I have no negative qualms about the M80 save the fact that the in-line mic can be a bit noisy when you are on the phone, but the sound quality and design remain top notch.

If it helps you save a bit of dough the V-Moda V80 is the same as the M80, but it is their TrueBlood branded headphone.  It typically comes in $20 cheaper.  The M-80 has great bass and is not bloated and out of place like the LP2.  Just thinking about the LP2 makes me cringe.   Yuck!

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 12
Have to agree that the LP2s leave a little bit to be desired, I bought them because they are great for transportation (isolate well, come with carrying case, durable, detachable cable etc.) and the M80s were a bit tight on my head, but the sound quality isn't as good as the M80s. I am still happy with my purchase because for use at work or on a flight these do the job, but if you just want the audio quality go for the M80.

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 12
Choice should come down to whether you want on-ears or over-ears. If you liked Beats you'll probably want LP2s. While the typical response on here would be to get M80s, realistically if you want a Beats-like sound and over-ears you should get LP2s.

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 12
Alright I guess il'l go for the m80's.
But is the bass in these are nothing alike the beats? I guess it isn's but you say its good. Even someone whos not an audiophile would notice the good bass?
Thanks in advance..

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #6 of 12
I have owned the LP, LP2, and now the M-80, and I have to say that I did not think the LP2 is as bad as everyone on this thread says it is. If you like big bass, and do not have the trained ear to notice that it bleeds a bit into the mids, then I think you will like the LP2. The LP2 has noticeably clearer mids than the LP, but it's true that the M-80 is clearest of them all. M-80 has great bass by my standards, because it is clear, punchy, and distinct. It is also true to the produced music, meaning the M-80 bass doesn't add bass to music like the Beats, LP, and LP2 do. If you like the bass of the Beats, then I would say go for the LP2. If you like music to be reproduced like the artist intended, go for the M-80. OR--to throw a wrench in your gears--wait till April/May and get V-MODA's M-100, which is a new over-ear sort of M-80/LP2+something new. That's what I'm waiting for!!!

Peace.

Feb 16, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #10 of 12
I very much enjoy my V-80s (same as M-80s). Out of all the `phones I've tried, and that's a whole lot, they're my favorite small on-ear cans.

Feb 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #11 of 12

Quote:
Alright I guess il'l go for the m80's.
But is the bass in these are nothing alike the beats? I guess it isn's but you say its good. Even someone whos not an audiophile would notice the good bass?
Thanks in advance..

It depends on what type of music you mainly listen to, I have the LP2 and I listen to a lot of electronically produced music - dance, hip-hop etc and the bass is perfect for this. I have found that when listening to guitar based tracks, some are drowned out by the bass so it's more hit and miss in this genre.  

I really like the LP2 as I wanted a little extra kick in the music I listen to and I also love the design. In comparison to the Beats Pro, I found that the bass is much cleaner. In most cases, I didn't think the bass was too overpowering but its definitely prominent.

If you want a cleaner sound, the LP2s probably won't be suitable but that's when I use my Sennheisers!

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #12 of 12
go for the Crossfade LP or LP2's...more bass.  I'm like you, and you'll like them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back