Hey Jeremy Roenick...
Jun 28, 2005 at 7:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

PITTM

500+ Head-Fier
ive been a huge hockey fan since i was 6, ive played hockey for a total of about 5 years. you are a complete *********, dont worry about me, i wont be coming back to root for NHL teams, why would i care about a 2nd class league? i dont watch the arena football league. you obviously couldnt give any less of a **** about the fans and judging by the trouble your league is in the fans probably dont care about you. demanding more money from a barely profitable league and then chewing out the fans after they actually cared about your league and then deserting them is really a way to win us over. good luck.

rj

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #2 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by PITTM
ive been a huge hockey fan since i was 6, ive played hockey for a total of about 5 years. you are a complete *********, dont worry about me, i wont be coming back to root for NHL teams, why would i care about a 2nd class league? i dont watch the arena football league. you obviously couldnt give any less of a **** about the fans and judging by the trouble your league is in the fans probably dont care about you. demanding more money from a barely profitable league and then chewing out the fans after they actually cared about your league and then deserting them is really a way to win us over. good luck.

rj

Main reason I gave up supporting sports a long time ago. Why should I care about a bunch of guys making millions to play recreations, and then they have the nerve to whine about wanting more money. They'll never get another nickel from me. Let the sports world sink, maybe then they appreciate the easy life they have.

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
Main reason I gave up supporting sports a long time ago. Why should I care about a bunch of guys making millions to play recreations, and then they have the nerve to whine about wanting more money. They'll never get another nickel from me. Let the sports world sink, maybe then they appreciate the easy life they have.

no no no, you forgot that the golden state warriors exist, now THERE is a reason to be a sports fan!

rj

Jun 28, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

no no no, you forgot that the golden state warriors exist, now THERE is a reason to be a sports fan!

rj

ditto. looking forward to the upcoming draft too...
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

rj

Are you angry or something....
biggrin.gif

One of the most interesting aspect of the NHL problems is comming from the fact that «US administrators» of our national sport have completely perverted the financial structure of the game. They brought teams from the north to the south in an effort to regain financial stability....

BTW....hockey in the desert.....yes.....the way to go......
rolleyes.gif

Amicalement

Jun 28, 2005 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
Are you angry or something....
biggrin.gif

One of the most interesting aspect of the NHL problems is comming from the fact that «US administrators» of our national sport have completely perverted the financial structure of the game. They brought teams from the north to the south in an effort to regain financial stability....

BTW....hockey in the desert.....yes.....the way to go......
rolleyes.gif

Amicalement

lol I must agree

and Anyone wanna buy a JR rookie card?

Jun 28, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 28
Where's there's hockey I am sure to follow. I love the game. The skating, the dekes, the toe-drags, the hitting and the fighting.

I have a real passion for this game even though I am on the other side of the world. My room while covered with headphones and stuff has hockey items all around it.

JR has always been one of the less shy players to voice his opinion. I think it's disgusting he asks for more money and he doesn't endear himeself to me. But as a player I must admit he's electrofying.

Remember those two short hand goas he score against detroit in the 98 playoffs?

Jun 28, 2005 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Where's there's hockey I am sure to follow. I love the game. The skating, the dekes, the toe-drags, the hitting and the fighting.

I have a real passion for this game even though I am on the other side of the world. My room while covered with headphones and stuff has hockey items all around it.

JR has always been one of the less shy players to voice his opinion. I think it's disgusting he asks for more money and he doesn't endear himeself to me. But as a player I must admit he's electrofying.

Remember those two short hand goas he score against detroit in the 98 playoffs?

i would rather play hockey than watch hockey by a factor of 100. i was a pretty top level roller player for awhile, but then i got checked from behind, tore all the ligaments around my shoulder and stopped playing. i watch occasionally, but the game has gotten less exciting and players issuing ultimatums to fans who are patiently waiting while the players try to get more than their millions of dollars is pathetic. jeremy roenick really made himself look like an ass on this one.

rj

Jun 29, 2005 at 12:00 AM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Genetic
As a hockey scholar you're.........electrofying....
eek.gif

Oups forgot: Amicalement

Sorry did I spell it wrong?

I really miss hockey. I wish I grew up in canada just for that.

Come winter time the lacing of the skates, the smell of the leather gloves and sharpening of the skates. Spending hours upon hours pretending you were Bossy or trottier going for the drive for five.

End to end rushes that would make Orr proud. The tenacity of Lindsay, the ruggedness of howe.

Competing with the heart of harvey, checking with the intensity of Robinson.

Yep, I could do that and not be paid a single penny.

Jun 29, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

I wish I grew up in canada just for that.

Its ok, you're already in a hockeytown with a great team. If the lockout continues, I'll find myself traveling to WHL games just to get my fix.
The last WHL game I saw was with the Silvertips, and they were great. In the meantime, I'll dust off my 1994 Stanley Cup Cap

Jun 29, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
In the meantime, I'll dust off my 1994 Stanley Cup Cap

Hey everybody I found another Rangers fan. That makes it 4 so far.

immtbiker, walkman666, steve surf and I am sure of another one.

Note:Must change my avatar location.

Stevesurf>I live in the UK.

Everybody in NYC knows the Islanders are the true dynasty. Trots, bossy, potvin, smith, gilies, nystrom they were the gods of NYC and hockey in the early eighties.

There's only one Ranger player I ever liked and that was Giacomin.

Jun 29, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #13 of 28
Remember people JR only speaks out cause he's stupid. Never went to college. Seriously tho I think its player like JR that are making this process take longer than it needs to. The NBA took 1 week to do what the NHL has still yet to do in 9 months. While I'm at it, I hate the rangers. GO Canucks (even tho theres no season this year. Any speak of the rangers and I'll "Bertuzzi" you all.

Jun 29, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigs
Remember people JR only speaks out cause he's stupid. Never went to college. Seriously tho I think its player like JR that are making this process take longer than it needs to. The NBA took 1 week to do what the NHL has still yet to do in 9 months. While I'm at it, I hate the rangers. GO Canucks (even tho theres no season this year. Any speak of the rangers and I'll "Bertuzzi" you all.

Go Canucks? The last time canucks did anything in the finals they lost a seven game series against the rangers.

Yeah Bertuzzi did the canucks a real favour by getting himself banned. That really helped your team. On ice fighting-i'm good, Clean checks -I'm good. But once you hit someone from behind and drill them into the ice then I am not okay. JR might be an ass but Bertuzzi is not the spirit of hockey. He has no place in the game. That fact he cried like a little schoolgirl just made him even more pathetic than what I thought he was.

Oh yeah and not let's forget the save Richter made on the Russian Rocket or more like the Russian Crock.

And before I go off to bed you had a fantastic 2 game lead against detroit in the 02 playoffs. Once lidstrom blasted the redline goal your team collapsed faster than Patrick Roy in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals.

Phew! Feel much better now. Hockey Lives!!!!

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Hey everybody I found another Rangers fan. That makes it 4 so far.

immtbiker, walkman666, steve surf and I am sure of another one.

Note:Must change my avatar location.

Stevesurf>I live in the UK.

Everybody in NYC knows the Islanders are the true dynasty. Trots, bossy, potvin, smith, gilies, nystrom they were the gods of NYC and hockey in the early eighties.

There's only one Ranger player I ever liked and that was Giacomin.

You are too funny...the folks living in NYC right now know everything about sushi, nothing about the Isles...you gotta cross a bridge to get to that fan-base. But, for those of us who hang in NYC, ya gotta love the Rangers.
like it says at MSG...This is our Town
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back