Hey guys, can you quickly recommend an easy-to-use camcorder for $200-300?
May 3, 2009 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
Like the thread title says, my family needs a camcorder for the next week or so. I'm not at home to help them decide, and Consumer Reports apparently failed them already with the recommendation of a sketchy Hitachi camcorder with those mini-DVDs as storage. Long story short on that thing, a Canon camera with a secondary feature to take movie clips was more reliable than it.

I'm hoping there's a camcorder out there that can record with re-usable storage (flash memory?), and can easily transfer from the camcorder to the PC, and then burn to a DVD using Windows. The camcorder will be used for casual stuff, but the first thing it will be used for is an outdoor fast-moving sport (lacrosse). Price range is $200-300.

I just remembered, they don't like buying stuff online, so the selection will probably be narrowed down to Best Buy (since Circuit City kicked the bucket).

Really appreciate all the input, and many thanks in advance.
smile.gif

May 3, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 5
I bought a Aiptek HD model #V5VP. takes great outdoor videos in HD with minimal blur (in HD) but lacks quality indoors especially at night. It has a built in flash for stills but doesnot work in camcorder mode. I only paid $130 and get if I recall 30min of HD on a 2 gig card....of course more in lower resolution. For what I do with it it is adequete and I have had no problems with it. Bought it at Walgreen's

May 3, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 5
May 4, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought Sony SR45E for my vacations.. it has hybrid recording..flash + HDD

sony sr45e - Google Product Search

Note that model is pal, not ntsc though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back