Here is an interesting device QA-550 wav player
Aug 28, 2009 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

timb5881

1000+ Head-Fier
Aug 28, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #3 of 16
Looks neat, except you would need a battery power supply to take with you. That's the player, powersupply, dac and amp. That's 4 brick sized devices if the dac doesn't have a built-in amp.

Aug 28, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 16
Not only producing products, but is also a major consumer of hifi. Some things they produce are junk some are great, others in the middle.

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not really to go. You need to carry a large battery pack with it unfortunately.

u mean the player doesn`t have internal battery inside??

Aug 29, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

u mean the player doesn`t have internal battery inside??

Yes, it is driven by DC In, and it is unknown how much energy does it use (although it seems like 4.5W, so you will be able to use it from 6*AA battery pack for a 4-5 hours maximum).
That "player" is completely nonsense, an used ihp-1xx costs just a few more, weights (with battery) less than QA-550 (without battery), works from battery for about 15 hours, rockboxable, supports (through rockbox) a wide variety of formats (including flac, aac, mp3, ogg etc), has a nice screen, can be upgraded to 240gb hard drive (although i'm not sure if rockbox will work with hard drives larger than 137GB) and can be used without an external dac/amp.
Completely pointless.

Aug 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by penartur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That "player" is completely nonsense, an used ihp-1xx costs just a few more, weights (with battery) less than QA-550 (without battery), works from battery for about 15 hours, rockboxable, supports (through rockbox) a wide variety of formats (including flac, aac, mp3, ogg etc), has a nice screen, can be upgraded to 240gb hard drive (although i'm not sure if rockbox will work with hard drives larger than 137GB) and can be used without an external dac/amp.
Completely pointless.

I agree. Please, sell me used ihp-1xx for "just a few more".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back