Help!!
Apr 25, 2004 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

oneeyedhobbit

1000+ Head-Fier
Alright--I was contently listening to Beethoven's 6th today and drowing out the cares of the world. I decide that it is time to get started on some homework. I hit stop on my remote. All gravy. I stnad up, walk towards the player, and hit open. The CD tray opens about halfway and immediately shuts itself. I think I might have bumped the button twice in a row, so I hit open again. Same thing! Now I'm worried, so I walk up and hit the open button actually on the player--no go! The screen says open, but it won't open. So, I try powering it down, back up, and then hitting open. Same result--screen says open, but the try is decidedly not open.

Help!

Apr 25, 2004 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 10
Ok, so after powering everything down and unplugging everything, it came right out like nothing had happened...but, I am still a bit concerned about this. Any similar experiences, or is there something I should be doing about this?

Apr 25, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 10
How old is the unit, and is it under some warranty?

Apr 26, 2004 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 10
Well, I spoke with some of the good folks at Audio Plus Systems (a Cambridge Audio distributor), and problem solved! Apparently, this is some kind of glitch on this particular player. Sometimes the tray just won't happen. The solution is just to unplug it for a few hours and it will internally reset. It is a small hassle, agreed--but I can deal with this very small problem for the sound quality produced by this player.

Apr 26, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 10
If it's done it once I wouldn't worry about it, but I sure wouldn't want it to do it every now and then. I think the reply you got from the distributor sounds weird though, I would guess they don't want more work than necessary if you ask me. But did it actually take a couple of hours before the player resets for you? I was under the impression if you unplug a cdplayer it will reset in a matter of seconds, especially if you hit the power button while it's unplugged.

Apr 26, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Apparently, this is some kind of glitch on this particular player.

Ah, right. They all do that.
rolleyes.gif

You might like to ask if anyone else at Head-Fi has experienced the same problem with that model. Or check the web. Or email the manufacturer and ask about the problem and their solution.

BW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back