Help...X-Fi question????
Mar 18, 2006 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jim580

100+ Head-Fier
I'm pretty new at this, so please don't laugh if this is a simple question.
I wanted a better source so I went to the standard x-fi with the hook-up in the rear. The salesman told me it was fine for headphones as long as I wasn't going to record from vinyl or cassettes.
My question is........How do you hook up speakers and your phones at the same time?? From what I understand the same jack works for both of them.
Is this something simple that I'm just overlooking, or is it a design flaw from Creative?
It's a pain to pull out the comp. every time I want to change from speakers to phones.
My speakers are Klispch THX 2.1's.
I bought a swithing device from radio shack, but the more connections, the less quality of the reproduction, even if just slight.
Somebody please set me on the right path.
Thanks.........Jim

Mar 18, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 6
I'll be double dipped. The speakers do have a headphone jack. I've only had them 2 years, pretty observant, huh?
Next to the headphone jack is another jack with a music note by it. Any idea what that is?
These are powered speakers, can I run out of their headphone jack into my Headroom micro amp without hurting anything? What affect will this give me?
Hey, thanks a lot for the help............
Jim

Mar 18, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 6
A little help please.........anyone know?
confused.gif

Thanks,
Jim

Mar 18, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 6
If your main use is just for music listening in stereo, go to Music Creation mode and route the outputs so that Line1 and Line2 output the same thing. Then you can hook one of them to your Micro Amp and one of them to your speakers. I think most of the headphone-out on the speakers are inferior to the soundcard outs.

And the jack with a music icon besides the headphone-out of the speaker set? That's probably a line-in that lets you, say, connect a mp3 player to it.

Mar 19, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 6
parrot5,
Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.
That was my guess about the other line, but I'm pretty new at this.
Once again...appreciate it.
Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back