Help with selecting a new cable for my Shure 535's
Nov 28, 2012 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

el1011

New Head-Fier
I have had my 535's for 2+ years and love them as much as the day I got them. My OEM cable is starting to cut out at the plug so it is time for a new cable. I appreciate great sound, but don't consider myself an audiophile, mainly because I have other hobbies that take up my spare time and $$$$$. Anyway I am looking to spend no more than 2-300 dollars on a new cable and an looking for some direction on what cable will work with my 535's. I am liking the Cronus, but am unable to tell if they will work for my Shures. How can I tell if a specific brand is compatible? Also, does my OEM cable simply unplug from the shell? I have pulled lightly, but it did not budge and I did not want to break anything.

thanks for any help that you can provide

Nov 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I have had my 535's for 2+ years and love them as much as the day I got them. My OEM cable is starting to cut out at the plug so it is time for a new cable. I appreciate great sound, but don't consider myself an audiophile, mainly because I have other hobbies that take up my spare time and $$$$$. Anyway I am looking to spend no more than 2-300 dollars on a new cable and an looking for some direction on what cable will work with my 535's. I am liking the Cronus, but am unable to tell if they will work for my Shures. How can I tell if a specific brand is compatible? Also, does my OEM cable simply unplug from the shell? I have pulled lightly, but it did not budge and I did not want to break anything.
thanks for any help that you can provide

The way I see it is you have 3 choices...

1. Just buy a direct replacement cable for ~$45.

2. Buy a Baldur MKII cable because you think for some reason the cable is going to make a sound difference and it has, at least by cable enthusiasts consensus, the best sound with the SE535's.

3. Buy a sexy designer cable from somewhere like DHC because you know the actual cable will make no difference in sound, but you have money to burn and want something sexy looking.

*edit* For the record, I choose option 3 for the SE535LTD-J I just gave to my fiance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back