Help with PS3 Optical!!
Jun 23, 2014 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

D3Seeker

100+ Head-Fier
So i got me the Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi HD for use with my laptop and speakers, and the headphone amp for my Superlux HD-668B 
color]
 . It has a Optical in and out, and I thought to myself,,, DUR I CAN USE THIS THING TO HOOK UP MY HEADPHONE TO PS3 WHEN I DON'T WANNA DISTURB THE WHOLE HOUSE, BRILLIANT 
color]

-So I hooked it up. Set the PS3 to output through optical. It Chose what should be the proper LPMC settings ( 2 channel 44.1 and 48 kHz)

-I hear the menu clicks as I zip around the XMB... YAYYY!!

-I try to play music saved on my HDD. NOTHING 
color]

-I try to play videos on the HDD. FLAWLESS 
color]

-I play a CD. FLAWLESS

-Oh and no Blu-Ray audio output either

-I play a game. NOTHING??? 
color]
 What on earth is this shenanigans

I tried turning off bitstream and that didn't help. the same thing, what plays works and what doesn't work just doesn't

I'm perplexed. Might anyone have any experience with this set-up or know more about the PS3s handling of different audio playback assistance would be greatly appreciated. Since it's half working I've done something semi right (i think)

If nothing else, can someone please recommend a DAC/Amp/combo to use with my PS3.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 3
  So i got me the Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi HD for use with my laptop and speakers, and the headphone amp for my Superlux HD-668B 
color]
 . It has a Optical in and out, and I thought to myself,,, DUR I CAN USE THIS THING TO HOOK UP MY HEADPHONE TO PS3 WHEN I DON'T WANNA DISTURB THE WHOLE HOUSE, BRILLIANT 
color]

-So I hooked it up. Set the PS3 to output through optical. It Chose what should be the proper LPMC settings ( 2 channel 44.1 and 48 kHz)
-I hear the menu clicks as I zip around the XMB... YAYYY!!
I try to play music saved on my HDD. NOTHING 
color]

-I try to play videos on the HDD. FLAWLESS 
color]

-I play a CD. FLAWLESS
-Oh and no Blu-Ray audio output either
-I play a game. NOTHING??? 
color]
 What on earth is this shenanigans
I tried turning off bitstream and that didn't help. the same thing, what plays works and what doesn't work just doesn't
I'm perplexed. Might anyone have any experience with this set-up or know more about the PS3s handling of different audio playback assistance would be greatly appreciated. Since it's half working I've done something semi right (i think)
If nothing else, can someone please recommend a DAC/Amp/combo to use with my PS3.

I'm not sure Creative Labs has any driver that allow the X-Fi HD to work with the Sony PS3.
Check out the Astro mix-amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back