Help with phones
Sep 5, 2009 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Mortuus

100+ Head-Fier
So first post to this site. Anyhow, getting to the point I'm kind of unsure which headphones are best for me to get, I've already got a pair of Sen CX 95's and wanted to know if it's worth getting Monster Turbines, ER-6i's or Klipsch Custom 3?

They are all under my budget of £80, if you know any better phones within £80 let me know guys, thanks a lot.

Music tastes: Hip Hop, Blues, Jazz, little bit of pop..rock and bhangra music.

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 11
Klipsch Custom 3 are absolutely worth upgrading over CX95, it's mids are very detailed and i consider it's mids are on same level of SE530. It also has great bass which is deep, punchy and crisp with good highs. It's one of the best IEMs to use for above genres specialy rock.......

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the deal for the custom-3's fell through
frown.gif

so I'd appreciate if you can point me in the right direction for the other phones, thanks.

Sep 6, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch Custom 3 are absolutely worth upgrading over CX95, it's mids are very detailed and i consider it's mids are on same level of SE530. It also has great bass which is deep, punchy and crisp with good highs. It's one of the best IEMs to use for above genres specialy rock.......

oh its mids are good but they arent 530 good

anyway for £80 are you going to get a lot better than the cx95?

you can get things like the PL-50 but may lack bass for you. there is the stunning RE-0 but again may lack bass. i think your best bet is denon or the fx500. the fx500 ive not heard but have the denon C751 and C710 and both are clearly better than the cx95. im still liking the C751 more but the 710 is getting a lot of love on here.

the denons are overpriced in the uk so look to the for sale forums or to a friend to get in us and ship over to you

Sep 6, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #6 of 11
thanks for replying, I read a couple of reviews for the denon's before and they weren't as good as I hoped. I'm not expecting a lot better than the cx 95, but considering they cost me £50 I expect a little better.

So do you think the monster turbines aren't that good, as I heard a lot of good things about them.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #7 of 11
So after some more research, I found that the monster turbines were rated lower than the sen cx 95's.

So I'm now stuck between these 2, the Klipsch Custom-2 (About £60) or the Sen IE6 (£90)

Are any of these 2 significantly better than CX 95, in a way that I would notice a difference. And are the IE 6 worth an extra £30 over the Custom-2?

Sorry for so much questions guys.

Sep 6, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #8 of 11
the IE6 question is a tough one. wery few people stops at the IE6, most of them are buying IE7 if anything.

I thinkg you would not notice any big (not even smaller) improvements with any of those you had mentioned.
in my opinion.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #11 of 11
I think you can buy FX1000 UK version of FX500 or C710 under this budget and you will like these because they are very detailed with deep big bass and both have big soundstage. Some headfiers preffer these over IE8 and these two shows more details in music than IE8. Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortuus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so is the £90 budget to less for any better improvements....i'm probably nudging towards the victors right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back