Help with new bass guitar
Jul 31, 2007 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SonicArmada

500+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine recently found a good deal on a Ibanez gsr200 bass guitar on craigslist. An Ibanez SW35 was included.

When he went to pick the bass up, it wasn't working. The seller told him to "Just forget it, I guess it doesn't work". While driving home, the seller called him and told him that he got it to work. Friend went back, and the seller told him that the battery was replaced. After some testing, the bass was bought and brought home.

At home, the bass would sometimes work, but sometimes it wouldn't. After a while, it wasn't working at all. So, he decided to change the battery. Everything was working perfect again, he even recorded something for me to hear.

But now, it is not working again. The battery is fresh. We know not to leave the guitar plugged into the amp when not in use. Is there a proper etiquette for connecting/powering on the guitar and amp? Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks a lot.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSlayer888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does he leave the bass plugged into the amp when he is not playing it? If so, don't. That will kill the battery.

Yes, I know that. I mentioned it in my original post. Unless you mean the battery is instantly drained/killed. If so, I didn't know that. From what I know, leaving it plugged in will drain the battery's charge, and deplete it over time.

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoSlayer888 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I edited my post, I did not read your original post close enough.

Alright, thanks. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 8
There's probably a short or a bad connection somewhere.

Jul 31, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's probably a short or a bad connection somewhere.

Yeah that's been in the back of my mind. He's thinking of bringing the bass to a place that repairs instruments tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back