Help with headphones for ROCK music... are m50s or crossfades lp2 ok?
Aug 15, 2012 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

rickelparrit

New Head-Fier
HI guys first of all i have to say im new here and my birthday was some days ago i'm thinking on buying a new headphones because the ipod headphones suck
from what i understand is that bose, skull candy and beats are a sh!t here
i was looking for some cool headphones with very good sound for rock, alternative, punk and all that genres
im thinking on some headphones for less that 115 or it could be a little more if they are worth because in amazone it says selected headphones 50% so 
i have seen that audio technica m50s are very good and also v-moda crossfades lp2( wich is better lp2 or m-80?)
gs1000.gif

so can u tell me wich are better for this kind of music 
can we also consider  k-240???
it would be pretty useful if the model has the 3 button with mic that is compatible with ipod

and one las question does some of the models that i mentioned or u mention need portable amp?

thanks guys  for ur help and time
biggrin.gif

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #3 of 12
Hi there,

You could also look at a cheap pair of grado headphones, i would highly recommend that you find a local store to try them out at first though, the sound is not for everyone

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 12
If you're okay with open headphones (they will leak sound and you will be able to hear everything around you, so they wouldn't be very portable), Grado is definitely the way to go for rock.

As for closed cans, the ATH-M50 is good but isn't as good as they used to be compared to newer competition. The AKG K550 would be my first suggestion, but it's quite out of your price range. If you want something bassy, a great option is the M-Audio Q40, which manages to retain a good amount of detail while still being bass-heavy. I think that for the money the M-80 isn't such a great deal unless build quality or style are really important to you, as some of the money you pay for it goes into that. I'd say the M80 is on-par sound-wise with $130 cans, while priced at $200 because of the materials used in construction.

I hope I can help!

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 12
so v-moda arent good the reviews were pretty cool 
i think the AKG k271 are the more cheap around teh 100 dollar would u recommed it  and they are over-the-ear i prefer it'

any other that u recomend please

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Heya,

I would look at:

Ultrasone HFI 580 or 780
Ultrasone PRO 750
Beyer DT770 PRO
Brainwavz HM5 (Fischer Audio FA003)
AudioTechnica A900X
AKG K271 MKII
AKG K550
Shure SRH840 & SRH750 DJ

Very best,

i think the AKG k271 are the more cheap around teh 100 dollar would u recommed it  and they are over-the-ear i prefer it'

Aug 16, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

V-Moda headphones aren't bad by any means. Among the "style" headphone brands, they're one of the best. However, they do tend to be a bit overhyped here on Head-Fi because we're not used to having mainstream brands cater to our need of accurate sound.

I cannot comment on the K271 as I have not heard it.

Do you need a closed headphone for portability or can you go with an open pair?

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 12
+1 Ultasones 

+1 DT770

Cheerz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back