Help with foobar V.9
Mar 29, 2006 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

jerb

Headphoneus Supremus
hey, I just upgraded to .9 then realized half the plugins still dont work. doesnt bother me too much but a few things do, one being colums_ui. they updated the interface on the new foobar so now my albums are tabs at the top of the screen, where as they used to be in a list along the left side of my screen, along with the play controls and an album art panel. how do i put them there again?

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #2 of 31
Most of us are sticking with version 0.83 until ASIO support comes out, or perhaps even the KS gets functional.

You will do better in the Foobar2000.org forums, where more attention is placed on the functionality, and looks. Here folks just want to have a low overhead system that puts bitperfect out to their DACs.

Having said that, you might find someone here who knows the answer to your question off the top of his/her head. Never hurts to ask here.

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 31
Hydrogenaudio has several FB2K boards.

You obviously know about the new ColumnsUI, you want the new albumlist plugin to put a list on the side.

Got my setup in photobucket in fact...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../screen312.jpg

and a snazzy little pop-up...
prettypop.jpg

prettypopup its called. Just changed it colours to match the main window.

Mar 29, 2006 at 11:44 PM Post #4 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13
Most of us are sticking with version 0.83 until ASIO support comes out, or perhaps even the KS gets functional.

You will do better in the Foobar2000.org forums, where more attention is placed on the functionality, and looks. Here folks just want to have a low overhead system that puts bitperfect out to their DACs.

Having said that, you might find someone here who knows the answer to your question off the top of his/her head. Never hurts to ask here.

KS is functional you just have to play around with it for a while. I'm using 0.9, no problem.

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jerb
i dont suppose anyone has the older .83 installer they could email me?

Can I do this instead?
icon10.gif
Enjoy!

Mar 30, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 31
Download this http://team.thenexusnet.com/nexus/AAA

Its a rather neat program that automatically downloads album art jpegs. Unlike most of these programs it can do all of your albums in one go, as long as they're all arranged the same in your music folder.
You create your own command line to search your music correctly.

I did mine in seperate bands/artists, because not all of my music is the same, i.e. double-discs. Even then it took me 2 hours to do 250 albums. Have this in the background http://www.slothradio.com/covers/?ad...st=Tool&album= to quickly find covers the program misses, the program uses amazon so blame them.

Mar 30, 2006 at 3:06 PM Post #9 of 31
I'm surprised at how fast the plugins for v0.9 have been coming out. Most of the major plugins I use are already out. Some of them are still in really early beta, but they're still functional and I haven't had a crash yet. I just re-did my foobar setup again today, I think it looks ok for now. I'm not really happy with the component placement, but it will hold me over until I get bored enough to change it.
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #10 of 31
I can't understand people who say, 'I'm not using Foobar, I don't want it taking up the whole of the screen.'

For one its only as big as you want it to be, plus you're only looking at it when you're choosing music to play. Personally I want to see as much information as possible?

When its minimised all you get is a tiny Foobar icon on the taskbar, and if you have one installed you get the new song pop up(as in my earlier post) with the album cover on.

prettypop1.jpg
580smile.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:45 AM Post #11 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13

There's NO ASIO support coming for Foobar 0.9.

jiitee

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #12 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
There's NO ASIO support coming for Foobar 0.9.

jiitee

That post is old. The author of the Foobar ASIO plugin said there will be an ASIO plugin for 0.91, either done by himself or by the Foobar development team. Though you're right in saying that there's no ASIO in 0.9.

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #14 of 31

Users who are viewing this thread

Back