Help with Echo Indigo
Mar 31, 2004 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

tyrion

Can Jam '08 Lead Organizer
I just received my Echo Indigo that I purchased from a fellow head-fier. I installed per instructions. When I began to use it the music was garbled to the point I could not tell what I was listening to. It also slowed my computer down considerably. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 8
Please post you pc specs.

hardware/ram/processor type modl #

sounds like some sort of memory conflict.... or maybe a driver issue... Have you asked the hedfi'r that you got it from?

I have one.. and had a little driver issue at first.

Mar 31, 2004 at 9:36 PM Post #3 of 8
Never had those types of problems with either of my Indigo's. Definately sounds like a conflict somewhere down the line. Make sure you have the latest drivers from the Echo Indigo site. If you have 2 PC card slots try the other one. My cards were sensitive to card slot.

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 8
I have a Compaq Presario X1000, 1.5 Centrino, 768 mb ram. I checked the Echo Indigo web site and the drivers that came on the cd are the most up to date drivers. I am was using it itunes but had same problem streaming from internet. Thanks.

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 8
I have used the Indigo with a few laptops ranging from 600MHz to 3GHz, on Win98, XP, and 2000, didn't get any problem. Did you download the latest driver from their web site?

Good luck,
W

Apr 1, 2004 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 8
Yes, I have the latest drivers. I have read the website and it is possible the Echo Indigo is not compatible with my chipset. I am waiting to hear back from customer support. If I am right this will be up for sale, unfortunately.

Apr 2, 2004 at 5:09 AM Post #7 of 8
Hello. Sorry about the disappointment regarding your Indigo. I also was very interested in purchasing this product, however, it is incompatible with my computer as well.

Specifically, i have an HP zd7000 which has ENE CB710 chipset for the PCMCIA card. This chipset will not work with Echo Indigo based on the most current drivers available. I am assuming you also have this chipset in your Compac (owned by HP).

The TI chipset is HIGHLY preferred for PCMCIA Audio devices. Hopefully, either Echo or ENE will resolve this issue for us (i have contacted Echo and they are looking into it)

j

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:33 PM Post #8 of 8
Echo advised that they are working on a patch but it may be a month or more before it's done. I was told to keep checking the website for the update. If I come across it will post the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back