Help With CMoy Modifications!
Aug 25, 2001 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

divie23

Head-Fier
Hey Guys,
I'm building a new beefed up CMoy with loadsa modifications. It's a OPA637 with two BUF634 per channel. I was debating whether to use a single or double buffers per channel??? Any suggestions?? Would there be an audible difference and would there be any advantage in using two OPA637s per channel too?? I'm going to be using the amp with SR125s and HD580s. It's going to be powered by a 24V (400mA) regulated mains adaptor.
With regard to decoupling caps I was simply intending to use a 0.1uF multilayer ceramic capacitor going from the power supply rails connected directly to ground. Is that the correct use of decoupling caps??

Furthermore, with regard to the power supply, would there be any advantage in using the BF634 as a virtual ground buffer as opposed to the simple power supply circuit given in the CMoy Pocket Amp article??

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 26, 2001 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 2
If you are driving Grado's or any other low impedance Headphone then (2) BUF--634's as a Virtual ground Driver is Needed Also alot of rail Capacitence I use 15K X4 Per rail, Bypassed with 2.2uf Solens and Local Decoupling via 0.68uf Wima's. You do not need or want to use (2) OPA-637s or any other Opamp justt one gain stage driving as manny Buffers as you like is thy way to go. As far as using the BUF-634 or the simple resistor Network just think where your load termanates at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back