Help With Canal Phones! Aiwa VX-100!
Jun 20, 2002 at 8:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rockhard

New Head-Fier
I just got these phones, but i can't seem to get a good seal, this is my 1st time using canal phones, and i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, when i think i get somewhat of a seal its just a matter of seconds before they fall out, can some1 help or give me some tips?!?!?!?!?

Jun 20, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 7
take one arm over your head and pull up on the top of your ear. with the other hand, put it tightly in your ear canal. let go with the arm over your head. this might work.

Jun 20, 2002 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 7
take one arm over your head and pull up on the top of your ear. with the other hand, put it tightly in your ear canal. let go with the arm over your head. this might work.

Jun 20, 2002 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 7
Take your finger and wet them then just put then in. They only go so far. I think that wetting them will help a lot. I use mine every night on a radio show.

Jun 21, 2002 at 5:43 PM Post #7 of 7
Since the VX100's are a "one size fits all" arrangement, the gasket may not go too far into the ear canal. After I got used to the way they sort of stay in place, I was reasonably happy.

Some users with smaller ear opening might actually be ablee to get them in, a bit. I think the EX70's can go deeper into the ear, and they do have a choice of gaskets, but do not sound nearly as good.

The VX100's are great buds, but, are not the answer to isolation. I'm almost ready to take the plunge and order a set of ER-4P's, if I can get them in Canada; I'm having difficulty making this work.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back