Help with buying new cans
Jun 4, 2010 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kryten123

500+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I need some advice on buying some cans. I listen mainly to guitar driven music ie all genres of rock and metal, folk and occasionally Classical and Opera. I have a pair of ACS T1s for on the go and in the office listening, and so am looking for some top end cans that I can use at home to listen to my music without fiddling about getting IEMS in and out. As I understand it, open cans have a wider, more spacious sound, while the closed are mainly more bassy.

Also, as they be mainly used in the same room as my wife watching TV, I would rather not leak too much sound from them - do open cans leak music(at a reasonable volume)?

As I will be a fair distance from the source, cans that will operate wirelessly\bluetooth would be a great feature to have - failing that a fairly lengthy cable.

Thanks in advance

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 2
Some thoughts on wireless cans:
The Sennheiser RS180 digital wireless headphones has really nice sound for the money. They are not completely closed and will leak some sound, but not that much. If you decide to go wireless, that's pretty much the best around. I've tried the Senn RS170 as well which is closed, but that's more suited for movies and tv, if you really emphasize music you should go for the RS180.
Another option is the Philips 8900 which is good bang for buck but that is also closed and in my opinion inferior to RS180 for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back