HELP? with a very basic Signal mixer/selector.
Jan 9, 2009 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xderek

New Head-Fier
EDIT:

I am now planning on using 2 volume controls, rather than a switch, for more info read other posts.

------------------

Okay i am trying to figure out how exactly i would start or what i would need to build this simple signal mixer/switch.

there will be 2 mono inputs and 1 mono output, all of them using 1/4" Female jacks.

also i will use a 3 position switch, Left = left input right = right input and in the middle will be a mix of both inputs... i have drawn a diagram.

signalmixxh5.png

i was hoping someone could help me figure out what kind of switch i would need, and how i would go about wiring the switch.

thanks in advanced, Derek.

Jan 9, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 7
I found this site
Articles and Schematics
a while ago it seems to be concerned with guitar type electronics, you might find it useful
cheers

Jan 9, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 7
thanks thats link is great. very usefull.

i actually thought of a new idea for this switch, to use 2 volume knobs (1 for each channel which would allow for more controll over the sound.

all i need to learn how to do is to connect two different signals together,

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 7
Yeah that mixer is kinda what i want to create.

But isnt there a way to build that without using power or a circut board?

like cant i just go out buy 2 volume control knobs, wire them up and then send them both to the same output, without using any power at all?

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by xderek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah that mixer is kinda what i want to create.

But isnt there a way to build that without using power or a circut board?

like cant i just go out buy 2 volume control knobs, wire them up and then send them both to the same output, without using any power at all?

you want a 'summing amp'. google around for that.

yes, you can passively merge audio signals. I wouldn't do it. google around for why
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back