Help with a beginner to Home Entertainment System (Under $600)
Jun 21, 2005 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

king896

100+ Head-Fier
I need some help, I was asked by my mother to get her a speaker setup for her big screen TV and I really don't know where to start. From what I told her she should expect to spend around $100-$200 for the amp, and around $200-$400 for the speakers that are 5.1's. She wants to use these for watching movies and listening to music while she works around the house. We have a 60" HD TV and no surround sound so she wants to improve her movie watching experience. One thing that was important to her was the styling of it, as she wanted wood speakers to match the rest of the living room. The sound doesn't have to be spectacular but still good and the price is pretty firm. I do not know anything about what to get so if you can give me any help I would be grateful. The total budget for everything is under $600, and that includes cables and whatnot. Thanks

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:13 AM Post #2 of 3
look up onkyo htib, they make home theater in a box systems in that price range,

you should find them everywhere are Fry's

they probably offer the best bang for the buck with smaller budgets, do some googling and read some reviews,

I bought on about 4 years ago and those receivers had a defective lfe chip,

they shouldve fixed them by now, but research just in case there are any bugs.

but yea, for that price range, you wont find anything that will give you more then what onkyo offers.

Jun 22, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back