Help! Wife Needs New Cell Phone!
Jun 28, 2005 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

roadtonowhere08

Headphoneus Supremus
As the title says, my wife (yes I got married on Friday and I would have told you guys sooner but I have been very busy lately in many ways so I will tell you guys about it later) had her cell phone stolen. She suspended that phone, but we did not get a new one yet because of the wedding being a bigger priority. We want to get a refurbished phone, but have not the slightest clue as to get a good, reasonably priced phone that will work with verizon. I like LG phones, so I checked out ebay. All the phones that looked okay did not come with sim cards. I am pretty sure I need one to walk into Verizon and have it activated on my wife's account. Nobody in my family knows jack about cell phones (other than how to use them), so you guys are my only hope
frown.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 5
Congrats on the marriage. Was that your first breath after the wedding? Im planning on getting married next year and Im already jittery.

Back on topic: I dont think Verizon phones use sim cards. Ive opened up my LG cameraphone and I dont see anywhere a sim card can go.

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bundee1
Congrats on the marriage. Was that your first breath after the wedding? Im planning on getting married next year and Im already jittery.

Back on topic: I dont think Verizon phones use sim cards. Ive opened up my LG cameraphone and I dont see anywhere a sim card can go.

Wohoo! That will hopefully make things easier!

Edit: I hope everything goes well with your wedding as well. Oddly enough, I was not very nervous before or during mine. I guess it was just something I was ready for and was looking forward to.

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 5
Indeed. Verizon does not use sim cards. That is for GSM network phones
wink.gif
. Anyway, Verizon's newer phones have V-Cast...yea. Disappointment really, but blazingly fast connection speeds when you do have the extended service. I have the LG VX8000, not a bad phone, pretty screen, 1.3mp camera. The 8100 is due out at the end of this year, and i want to upgrade already...if that means anything.

Jun 28, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Centennial uses SIM cards. Verizon does not. I have the Samsung 650 and after rebates (service) I got paid $50. Service is as good as the others (cuts out in the same basements), but otherwise it is great. The one thing that bothers me is no searching contacts by phone number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back