help: Unknown UE Triple.fi cable
Jul 20, 2011 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ricthaman

500+ Head-Fier
I have a question for all you fellow head-fiers,

I purchased a pair of UE Triple.fi's yesterday with apparently some custom cable.
The seller describes ít as 'Pearl cale' but I can't find any info on them on the web. Even google wasn't my friend :wink:

My (obvious) question to you: does anybody know what type of cable this is?

Thanks a lot guys!

Grz,

ric

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #3 of 6
Okay. thank you!

So, is it a good cable? Found some threads on head-fi but not that much info unfortunately.

Grz,

ric

Jul 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
Okay. thank you!

So, is it a good cable? Found some threads on head-fi but not that much info unfortunately.

Grz,

ric

Quite frankly it could be a straightened coat hanger wrapped in electrical tape and still be better than a stock UE cable.

Nov 23, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 6

I have a short question.
I have gotten one of these but never used them so far, now I don't know how to connect them. There don't seem to be any indicators of which side should face in (original UE cable has the 'R' or 'L' sign on the side of the connector that should face inwards) and also don't know which one is left or right (though one connector is black and the other is white.)

Thanks in advance.

Grz,

ric

Nov 23, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:

I have a short question.
I have gotten one of these but never used them so far, now I don't know how to connect them. There don't seem to be any indicators of which side should face in (original UE cable has the 'R' or 'L' sign on the side of the connector that should face inwards) and also don't know which one is left or right (though one connector is black and the other is white.)

Thanks in advance.

Grz,

ric

Black is right and white is left, according to http://www.head-fi.org/t/309321/ultimate-ears-triple-fi-10-appreciation-thread/3810#post_7546314
Not the same cable but I presume the guy uses the same scheme?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back