Help uber appreciated: [JVC Riptidz] vs. [KSC75] vs. [Monoprice 8320] vs [JVC Xplosives] for RUNNING
Jul 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Boullion

New Head-Fier
NOTE: I've used the search function already - which had some results - but I'd still like a more direct comparison of these four.
Any advice, comments, and suggestions are greatly appreciated
cool.gif

As stated in the title, my target is a cheap (under $20) and portable (any type) set for running.
I've done some research and come up with four default/popular fighters:

-------------THE FIGHTERS-------------

1. JVC HAFX8 (Riptidz) - $7, IEM
ADVANTAGE: Apparently liquid resistant

2.  Koss KSC75 - $15, Clip-on
ADVANTAGE: Clip-on (could also be a disadvantage?)

3. Monoprice 8320 - $10, IEM
ADVANTAGE: Form factor is more suitable for over-ear style wear

4. JVC FX101 (Xplosives) - $16, IEM
ADVANTAGE: Bass, colorful

-----------------------------------------

I know the prices are hard to compare, but which is the most worthwhile getting in a cost-performance ratio for running?
Factors to consider are: how they stay in, sound quality, durability to sweat, comfort when running, and so on.

Thanks for reading
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
8320s, buy some Comply TX-400 tips and do the tape mod, you have a great sounding pair of IEMs for not much at all.

They will stay in no problem.

That sounds great -- however, my budget is $20 or less so I cannot get the Comply tips.  Bummer!
Without the tips, would the 8320s still be worthwhile getting? I hear that there are comfort/fit issues, which could be a problem for running.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #4 of 4
Why not?, Monoprice 8320 $7.11 plus shipping and taxes, buy Comply TX-400 off of ebay as budget allows, one pair of tips is less than $10 surely.

I know of at least one person who thought they needed clip-ons, and bought some 8320s and is using them for running with Comply tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back