Help, tried etymotics, full size sennheiser, bose etc
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mrfizzed

New Head-Fier
Ok so for past two years I've been experimenting a lot. I currently have...
etymotic hf3 iem
etymotic mc3 iem
sennheiser hd202
sennheiser hd239

i had bose oe2

people rave over the etymotics and I will admit they are phenomenal when it does to clarity and musical representation.  My sennheisers sound good.  The 202 blows away the 239 in Nass, may etoo mush so. Anyway, the sennheiser full size headphones are just too big for many applications. My etymotics of couse are not but to be honest thy just don't cut it for manor sonar listening styles. I need bit more, a more full sound if you will. I'm not looking for bloated bass or anything don't get me wrong, but I do fancy a fuller sound. Any suggestions?  If possible, high sensitivity, good to great isolation, and maybe an iPhone compatible mic would be awesome. Is there a brand or a model I should be looking at?  I'd rather spend less tha. $100 but will go up to say $150ish.  Thanks in advance for your help.  

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
The RE272, Klipsch X10, X5, GR07 and Yamaha EPH100 willbe great buy under this budget and they sound detailed yet fun to listen with good punchy bass.

No idea about the GR07, but if the RE272 is anything like the RE262 it WILL require good power (ie: an amp) to make it sound good. Klipsch X10 might be the best bang for the buck as to what he is looking for, though be careful as they seem to be pretty darn fragile according to the reviews.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Not that an amp is a bad thing .... 
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Not that an amp is a bad thing .... 
biggrin.gif

Agreed, but it can be a pain to take one around with you as well as a sound source if you are on the move. I find myself using my amp less and less just because its one more thing to remember to keep charged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back