[Help]Shure SE215 vs. Westone UM Pro 10 vs. Westone Adventure Alpha
Jul 10, 2015 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

whitemass

Previously known as ahnvx
I'm looking to stay cheap, but I've been using the ATH-IM50 In Ear Monitor for the past 2-3 months. 
And I wanna add something new in my rotation. 
I enjoy my IM50s' quite a lot, but there are times where I feel it's not a completely full sounding IEM.

And from what I've heard about the UM Pro 10, I'm growing my opinion more towards trying something Bright Sounding, though I've never owned, or listened to anything like that before.

And then there's the SE215 in which I've heard once before, and hear is great! Though my first experience with it was... not so exciting with the stuff I was listening to at the time.

Then lies the Westone Adventure Alpha! By no means am I a basshead, but I like what I've heard, from people explaining it works well with EQ, which I do a lot of!

I would just like someones recommendations, or someones help.

Lastly, I won't touch anything that doesn't have a Detachable Cable.

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 9
I have no experience with them, but the Westone Adventure Betas are $40 on Ebay at the moment: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westone-Adventure-Series-Beta-High-Performance-Earphones-78401/201305115532

No detachable cable, and no over ear sleeve is a no go for me. :/

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 9
From their website: Adventure Warning and Control System: better visibility in low-light and adverse conditions with a reflective, replaceable cable featuring 3-button control system.

Im curious about these cheap sellers though

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 9
  From their website: Adventure Warning and Control System: better visibility in low-light and adverse conditions with a reflective, replaceable cable featuring 3-button control system.

Im curious about these cheap sellers though

Sound great, right? 
Only real complaint I've heard from people about the ADV is comments such as "The Bass comes off much heavier than Beats, which is a distraction", but I can use a bassy IEM from time to time to be fair.

Aug 22, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #7 of 9
I have the UM Pro 10, and have tested the SE215 for a short time a few years ago. UM Pro 10 is great, you get a lot of details from it. Bass is deep enough when you need it, although I have never tried hip-hop or R&B since I don't listen to that type of music. I think the only thing that I don't like about it is the treble doesn't sparkle bright enough, making me miss my old Etymotic ER4 even more.

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #8 of 9
I have tried the UM pro 10 once, the sound was accurate, crisp and plenty of details..however the lows doesn't go very deep, which i don't mind for the type of music i normally listen to(rock,metal).

im thinking of getting it too, my only gripe so far that its only can be worn over the ear..i prefer straight down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back