Help: shure canada customer support. (shure srh840 replacement)
Jul 6, 2011 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
hello all

i would like to start off with mentioning my old thread about my shure srh840 being broken. it is very true. my left ear keeps cutting out periodically and it is always much quieter then my right. also the left for some odd reason has more bass and everything seems to be muddied out.

now that i got that off my chest i would like to ask for some help.
i live in canada and i bought my shure srh840 from futureshop. the issue is futureshop no longer stocks the srh840. i am worried it will cost me a fortune to get them replaced. i hear that SF MARKETING in quebec does all the replacements and repairs. now my issue is will they listen to my headphones and disregard this problem and say there is none. you have to slightly pay attention to notice it. i hope they will replace it. also will futureshop mail these to shure for me. i have never had to use a companies warranty support before so how will this work. oh and i got them on sale for $129.99 so will that have an issue. they were also an exchange for my shure srh750dj i use to have. i hope they will replace them.

now my final question. can someone help me with this and show me who to contact and how to go about getting my shure srh840 replaced.

i go here
http://sfm.ca/service/return_authorization_form.html
and it says serial. but i cannot find a serial on the box. isn't there supposed to be a date of manufacturing on the cord? mine just says made in china.

please guys i need help. $129.99 might need seem like much to you guys but for me that is a hell of a lot of money. i will take any advice i can.

if any of you have experienced shure warranty support in canada (or usa) can you tell me how it went. i know when i used my apple warranty to get a new ipod they did all the work for me. but i don't think shure's warranty is as good as apples.

any help appreciated.

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 22
any one?

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 22
maybe i should give up on help from you guys.

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #4 of 22
I no longer have the box (I didn't have room in my case bringing them back from the US).  I did keep the tab with the serial number though.  Sorry for the crappy photo - it's evening here and the light is not ideal ....

If you're not sure of the procedure to follow - ring either FutureShop, or Shure Canada - and talk to someone.  They'll walk you through the RMA process.  Make sure you have your receipt handy - you will need it.

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 22
Jul 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #7 of 22

Quote:
[size=14.0pt]Hi,[/size]

[size=14.0pt]Please be aware that Shure headphones are NOT repairable but if you:[/size]

[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]have the original receipt[/size][size=14.0pt] and [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]are still under the 2 years Shure Warranty period  for these[/size][size=14.0pt] headphones[/size][size=14.0pt], we can replace them for free![/size]

[size=14.0pt]But before I give you a return authorization number and an explanation on how to proceed, I will need the following information from you:[/size]

[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]First and Last Name                                   => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]Daytime Phone Number                             => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]Complete Address with Postal Code          => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]Earphones Model  (i.e. E2c, E3c, etc.)        => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]Color of earphones                                     => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]3 or 4 Digit Code found on the jack           => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]Date of Purchase                                        => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]Name and City of the Store or  Web Site   => [/size]
[size=14.0pt]·        [/size][size=14.0pt]Detailed Description of the Problem           =>  [/size]

[size=14.0pt]Once I get this information, I'll contact you with the exchange procedure.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]Re[/size][size=14.0pt]gards,[/size]

there is no digit code on the jack. where do i find it?

Jul 6, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 22
it says made in china

Jul 6, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 22
Hmm, I don't see any number combinations either.  Maybe you could call them again and ask them to specify what code they're referring to?

Jul 6, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
You could also email them back and ask them? Doesn't take up alot of time and they will give you a correct answer as opposed to debating it here.

i did that. problem solved it's just i need to pay to get it there and back. i feel it will cost me more to get it replaced then to just buy a new one.

Jul 6, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
No it won't, but each to their own. Shipping them will cost $15 max, they include return shipping.

ok i got an email and they said i need to pay both ways. are you sure i only need to pay for it to leave?

Jul 6, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #15 of 22
I paid to ship my IEM's to the agent (was less than $10 insured) - but they paid the shipping cost back.  At most - you should only have to pay one way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back