help setting EQ for swans m200mkii speakers
May 5, 2013 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ravin

New Head-Fier

hello i recently bought swans m200mkii loudspeakers along with asus xonar dx soundcard
the speaker is good alright..but i have difficulty setting the equalizers.. i can't seem to get the sound i desired..
i am using foobar(asus asio out) along with vst plugins > dmg audio equality / bluecats triple EQ 4
i haven't touched anything from the hardware equalizer settings
i mostly listen to alternative rock , progressive/melodic death metal and a lil bit of pop..
i want the vocals to be clear first of all, second the guitars and then drums.
problem is when i experiment with any of these attributes ie, vocals, guitars , drums from the EQ, it sounds kind of muddy..
i don't quite know how to put in audiophile terms, i would like the mids to be crystal clear..
please give me some suggestions as to how to set it / which EQ/plugins to use/not to use etc
any help would be much appreciated

room size = small ; placement of the speaker..if it helps..

May 7, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 3
Have you tried without any of those plugins loaded, and then just use the built-in Foobar EQ.

Also have you read this thread here?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/647404/equal-loudness-eq-calibration-tones-for-foobar2000-winamp
beerchug.gif

May 10, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 3
yes i've tried the inbuilt EQ before and i don't like it.. now i'm not using any EQ.. sounds better to my ears this way..
however i do like the guitar sound i'm getting using some VST plugins..but the vocals become a total no no again..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back