Help--Sennheiser HD-280 torn cable!
Nov 25, 2002 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JGene

New Head-Fier
Help!

When I folded my Sennheiser HD-280 headphones the other day, I heard a snap and I noticed that the cable that connects to the right ear is now in two seperate pieces. I got the headphones from Amazon.com only two weeks ago. Can I get a replacement cable, and if so--where?

I don't want to have to ship these headphones back
frown.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 5
Here's another picture of where the break is in. Anybody have any ideas? I just checked my Sennheiser manual and the only thing I saw was how to replace the coiled cable. I don't see anything about replacing the cable that goes to the right ear. Will I have to send my headphones back to Sennheiser for warranty repair or should I try to return them to Amazon?

Nov 25, 2002 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 5
I would try Amazon first. They may be able to just send you a new unit for your old one (advanced exchange). If they won't do it, then perhaps try Sennheiser. Ask around...

And I'm sorry about your accident. I'll have to remember to be careful when folding up my 280's...

Nov 25, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 5
I'm going to try to send it back and get a replacement unit. I've had my headphones for less than 30 days, so I should be able to use their return policy. Just comes at a bad time to break my headphones--I'm home with my folks for Thanksgiving vacation and I was planning on doing some music listening with these
frown.gif

Edit: I'd reccomend not folding up your headphones in position-A from the manual. I think when I reversed one of the ear phones then folded them together, the cord got stuck inbetween the hinge and got snipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back