Help Repairing VSONIC GR99
Oct 6, 2014 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jehmimah

New Head-Fier
My VSONIC GR99s were crushed to some degree while inside my bag. Due to this, there has been significant cable fraying. I've put pictures below of what it looks like, but I was wondering what course of action, if any, I could take to repair these. The side with the frayed cable (as pictured) produces no sound while the other does. I would open the other side up to examine any differences, but I don't want to break both of them in an attempt to fix one (plus I honestly can't get the other one open without applying a ridiculous amount of force.) I haven't been able to find much of this type of repair searching online. If I had been able to find adequate wisdom on the subject I wouldn't be posting here. I'd would be ridiculously thankful if someone who has been in a similar situation could impart on me some wisdom that could help me repair these, or possibly refer me to a guide/post that outlines the process that has eluded me still. If there's any info I'm missing that could turn out useful, don't hesitate to call me on it. Thanks a bundle in advance!

Pictures: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back