HELP: Remove SR60i Button
Jul 24, 2011 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

johnckl

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I've been trying hard to remove the button on my SR60i.
Tried blowing it with hairdryer then use a pair of pliers to twist the button.
All I could do was to leave terrible marks on the button, without being able to twist it at all.
What should I do to remove it?

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 10
The button is actually melted with the plastic mesh, there's no way to get it off without tearing out the whole plastic monstrosity.  Grab a pair of needlenose pliers and rip/punch the screen out.  The screen itself is glued to the inside lip of the cup, with patience you can easily remove all visible traces of it.  The next step is to replace the plastic with some form of wire mesh.  If you cut the new grill well enough you can wedge it in and not need to use any messy adhesive.

Be brave, you'll be pleased with the results once you take the plunge!
If you need any more help, or have any further questions there is a SR-60 Mod part II thread with many kind and knowledgeable chaps.

Jul 24, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #5 of 10
Thank you Cheeznuklz for your quick replies!
I'll try it when I got the wire mesh! 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 24, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #9 of 10
Aside from the fact that the buttons look cool imho, do you really want to go to all that trouble just to remove it? You could also end up doing more harm than good.

Jul 24, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #10 of 10
I personally used a hairdryer to open them up, pop the screen out, then used a sharp tip (soldering tool thing in my case) after heating it up more to just pop it off.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back