Help regarding IPhone 3GS SQ
Sep 8, 2009 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lz1gjd

New Head-Fier
Hello,
as this is the day I will decide wheter to buy an IPhone 3GS at some quite good for my country price - 16GB for 450 euro with contract! I need help regarding the SQ. The reasons I am considering it are because of the great web surfing experience, great display and functionalities. But the most important thing to me is to have good SQ. I own Sony NWZ-A816 which sound pretty good most of the time and that is using EQ, but how is it compared to the IPhone 3GS ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lz1gjd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello,
as this is the day I will decide wheter to buy an IPhone 3GS at some quite good for my country price - 16GB for 450 euro with contract! I need help regarding the SQ. The reasons I am considering it are because of the great web surfing experience, great display and functionalities. But the most important thing to me is to have good SQ. I own Sony NWZ-A816 which sound pretty good most of the time and that is using EQ, but how is it compared to the IPhone 3GS ?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I personally find A816 not as neutral as iPod classic 80GB. Using SCL4 or Apple new in-ear.

And I find iPhone 3GS apparently better than iPod classic 80GB. I also find iPhone 1st gen apparently worse than iPod classic 80GB.

So. I would say iPhone 3GS most likely sound better than A816. But I already sold A816 so I have not directly compared both.

Sep 8, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 13
I'd also like say that my iPhone sounds better than my iPod classic 80GB, though I've only owned my iPhone for four days... The headphone jack on the 3GS blows my iPod out of the water, I don't really have the need to use my NuForce Icon Mobile with it. Haven't tested it yet with a LOD though...

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #4 of 13
Today I found the chance make some comparison between IPOD Touch 8GB (not sure which gen) and my NWZ-S816 and the Sony sounded much better. The IPOD with EQ does not sound as good as the Sony with EQ. Is this the same for IPhone 3GS ?

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 13
The Touch 2G and 1G are absolutely different than 3GS. 3GS has got more balanced, warmer sound than both Touches but more neutral than Sony, which is quite warm. I'd also say that overall SQ would be better in 3GS.

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 13
Now that I have it, I think it sounds decently for a phone.
Thanks.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM Post #8 of 13
Decently!
tongue.gif
I think it rocks!
icon10.gif
I have a LOD to MOST bridge in my car that I installed a few years back to use with my iPod Classic, I was really happy to discover that it also works with my iPhone. I can now listen to both loss less ALAC and to compressed Spotify streams in my car using the optical input of my car stereo. Yeay, virtually unlimited amount of music always available at the touch of my finger!
biggrin.gif
My stereo work the iPhone remotely with its CD-controls
smile.gif
When there's an incoming call, the music mutes and restarts when the call ends. This might not be such a big deal for the most of you, but for me it's great! Porsche just recently announced a iPod interface themselves, but it costs an arm and a leg... I paid the price of a iPod for mine
smile.gif

The iPhone also rocks as a remote to my iTunes library at home. I've set up a few Audio Engine A2's hooked up to AirPort Express's around the house. The music plays on one computer in my study and streams the audio to whatever room I want it to and I can browse and control it wireless from my iPhone. The nice thing about it is that Apple has really put an effort in to it, it's a doodle to set up!

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:22 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Decently!
tongue.gif
I think it rocks!
icon10.gif
I have a LOD to MOST bridge in my car that I installed a few years back to use with my iPod Classic, I was really happy to discover that it also works with my iPhone. I can now listen to both loss less ALAC and to compressed Spotify streams in my car using the optical input of my car stereo. Yeay, virtually unlimited amount of music always available at the touch of my finger!
biggrin.gif
My stereo work the iPhone remotely with its CD-controls
smile.gif
When there's an incoming call, the music mutes and restarts when the call ends. This might not be such a big deal for the most of you, but for me it's great! Porsche just recently announced a iPod interface themselves, but it costs an arm and a leg... I paid the price of a iPod for mine
smile.gif

The iPhone also rocks as a remote to my iTunes library at home. I've set up a few Audio Engine A2's hooked up to AirPort Express's around the house. The music plays on one computer in my study and streams the audio to whatever room I want it to and I can browse and control it wireless from my iPhone. The nice thing about it is that Apple has really put an effort in to it, it's a doodle to set up!

Nice and subtle with the Porsche drop in there.

Sep 15, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by akki007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice and subtle with the Porsche drop in there.

icon10.gif
I'm all bad, I know
wink.gif

Sep 20, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #13 of 13
At the time (about three years ago) Dension was the only one who offered full MOST integration, so I bought the Dension Gateway 500. I had a local ICE installer put it in my car. The first couple of firmwares had some issues, but as Dension keeps developing new software for it, it gets better and better over time. It works really good now, only now and then does it hang and takes a few seconds to a minute before it starts. But, as it's the only "proper" MOST gateway I'll take it as it is
smile.gif

btw, you should get a 911
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back