Help quickly, please: Sleek-Audio SA6 Cable Barrel Connector PinOuts?
Oct 5, 2009 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

active

New Head-Fier
Could somebody check and tell me, which of the barrel connector's [the one you plug into the earphone] contact corresponds mini-jack's ground - outer or inner?

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #2 of 7
It is made similar to a DC plug and most of them are positive inside. That being said. NEVER NEVER NEVER assume. positive/negative. Get a multimeter/conductivity tester and confirm the cable configuration. The Tip of the 3.5 will be the left positive, The middle ring of the 3.5 will be the right positive, and the larger ring closest to the plug will be the common rt and left ground

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NEVER NEVER NEVER assume. positive/negative. Get a multimeter/conductivity tester and confirm the cable configuration.

That's why I'm asking: to confirm it, because I don't have a cable to test it myself, as mine is somewhere on the way to Sleek-Audio to be replaced by a new one.

Oct 6, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 7
May I ask What you plan on doing with the information. Perhaps make a custom cable? I tried to locate replacement plugs to make generic connector for thier wireless system that I could plug my other IEM's into but could not find anything smaller than 2.5mm. I believe the Sleek is 1.25mm. I gave away my Sleeks to a firend in Australia, so I can't check for you. I'm simply curious and want to say that I have made the mistake of trying to do DIY without a multimeter and failed miserably.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Perhaps make a custom cable?

Exactly. Actually I had made it already and posted a step-by-step of a custom Sleek-Audio earphone cable plug, just wanted to confirm polarities.

Quote:

I have made the mistake of trying to do DIY without a multimeter and failed miserably.

May I ask, how?

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #6 of 7
In my early days of DIY I would often plug the 3.5 or 6.3 into a source and touch wires to an open speaker to tag a signal. since then I've made all of headphones balanced and thus reuired the left and rt grounds to remain seperate. I suppose "Failed Miserable" is a slight overstatement but it cost me a few connectors along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back