help please, with skullcandy.....(hesh)
Oct 2, 2010 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

olympis

New Head-Fier
ok i know skullcandy arent the best, but for the heshs, do they actually fit over an ear. i have an average sized ear, and i the heshs seem alright..im just hesitant cause they look so small, and i want them to go completely over your ear..

Oct 2, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 5
My ears are a bit larger than average and I had to basically stuff my ears inside the earcups of the Skullcandy Hesh when I had them (bought them about two years ago, back before I knew any better and returned them the next day) for them to be even somewhat comfortable.

That said, I think you can do a heck of a lot better than Skullcandy headphones for the price. Last I checked, they were around $30 - $40. For that price, there are a lot of options such as the JVC-HARX700 headphones which, from what I've read, outclass the Skullcandy headphones in every way.

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 5
Are you open to manufacturers other than Skullcandy? If so, what's your budget, what kind of music do you listen to and what kind of equipment will you be using the headphones with? There are many other models that go completely around your ears - you might want to consider them.

Sep 19, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 5
I'm currently stuck with skullcandy (joined here today to get advice on new ones). Just let me tell you 2 things: the sound quality is decent enough, if they're just for light listening, nothing serious. But after a few months of 2-3 hours of daily use, the bass will start to buzz on heavier songs. The second thing is: they break. Fast. I'm on my second pair in 2 years (warranty return), and these have been held together with electrical tape for about 8 months. The extenders are so weak and cheap, they start cracking almost immediately.

If you bought them (I only saw near the end of my tirade that this post was almost a year ago), they probably wore out by now. So if you're in the market for a new pair (as I am), I just started up a thread for suggestions on cups in that price range and lower.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/572391/good-bass-comfortable-headphone-suggestions#post_7765068

Users who are viewing this thread

Back