Help,please Nomad Jukebox 3?
Nov 16, 2002 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

PUGSTUB

500+ Head-Fier
I would like to get one of these for portable use and need to know a few things, please, from one of you experts:

I don't plan to interface to my PC. I want to record MP3 files from the analog inputs via a CD player. Can I record in MP3 from my CD collection (not WAV format)?

Will it accomodate 200=300 CD's this way?

Do I need any special software or attachments besides the proper cables?

Thanks for the help. You guy's are great.

Nov 17, 2002 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 3
i know this has no correlation to your thread, but shouldn't this have gone in the portable audio section? eh, the mods will move it
wink.gif

Nov 17, 2002 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by PUGSTUB
I would like to get one of these for portable use and need to know a few things, please, from one of you experts:

I don't plan to interface to my PC. I want to record MP3 files from the analog inputs via a CD player. Can I record in MP3 from my CD collection (not WAV format)?

Will it accomodate 200=300 CD's this way?

Do I need any special software or attachments besides the proper cables?

Thanks for the help. You guy's are great.

I'm not good with computer, so before I bought my NJB3, I thought I was going to simply use a direct (optical) connection from the CD player to NJB3. After I bought it, I then decided to use the computer. It's possible to record directly from the CD player, but it'd be so inefficient. I spent about 2 days to figure out how to use all the softwares (EAC/lame to rip and encode, playcenter to load the files to NJB3). But I think long term wise I'm still better off using the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back