Help please! Need to find value of some camera equipment
Sep 5, 2009 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

earthpeople

Headphoneus Supremus
I know there are some photographers here, so I figured I might try asking here.
I have a
-Leica R6.2 camera
-2 lens; both say E67 but one has 35 and the other 80
-Metz 45 CT-5 flash
-Carry case, don't know if it came with the camera or came separately.

I did some looking and I found that the camera goes for between $1000-$1500 depending on condition. I also found that the flash goes around $220. I can't find anything about the lenses though. I can take pictures if that would help.

I'm not really big on photography gear.
tongue.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 9
Taking pictures of the lens is a good idea or else it's hard to tell.
But if the lenses are Leica, expect a good money from it.
35 and 80 I am pretty sure that means one is 35mm lens, the other is 80mm lens

If it's a 35mm f/1.4 Leica (it should say on the lens) you can sell that for quite a lot of money

If it's Leica Summilux 80mm 1.4, you can expect even more money out of those.

Just wondering, are these gears inherited to you or something?
All I can tell you is if those lenses are the ones you have, you can expect a major serious upgrade for your whole headphone rigs.

Try not to get ripped off from people. Anything you are not sure with or not sure how to sell them best, just ask.

If I had those equipments I would be very very happy. I can make very beautiful pictures out of those.

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 9
You might want to take a look at KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More., they have a huge range of used photo stuff there and their prices are usually at a fair market value for a dealer (they provide a 30 day warranty), you will need to be a bit below them to really be competitive.
You will definitely need to be more specific about the lenses, the "35" & "80" are probably teh focal lengths (in mm), E67 may the filter thread diameter, you should quote the speed ("f" value) and include pics of any numbers or markings. You will need to indicate condition as well, again KEH will give you some clues on how to rate condition (which affects price/value).
PS you can alwyas get a price from KEH as well may be less than you can get privately but may be less hassle.

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 9
Check on rangefinderforum.com, they've got a TON of Leica folks there
Or there is always FredMiranda(but that's more digital oriented)

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #5 of 9
Cool, thanks for the help guys. I'll take a look around those places and see what kind of value I can come up with.

These are actually from my grandpa, but he doesn't use it much anymore so we're thinking to sell them to help with my college debt.
I've heard a lot of good stuff about this camera and stuff, so I don't know if I really want to sell it now, heh.

I'll put a picture up shortly. Thanks again

Sep 6, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Why can't I have a cool grandpa who shoots Leica?
Oh yeah if they are what I think they are, you can pay off your debt alright.

The thing with selling it to a shop is you'll get almost rip off price, I think the best way is to sell direct to user.

But also consider eBay and let the rich Leica fanatics do a price battle over your Leica gears.
First you need help from someone to take several very pretty pictures of the products to interest the buyers.
I can do that for you but unfortunately I am in Sydney, way too far.

Another thing I have to tell you is, if this is coming from your grandpa, you have to understand this means A LOT coming from him. People get very attached to camera and especially with cameras like Leica, lots of Leica owners have special pride of ownership (and nostalgic value) over the Leica system. Not that easy to part with gears like these. So you'd better remember this and treat him well.

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #7 of 9
Here are some pictures;

all: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3429/...d44301f2_b.jpg
camera: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2470/...ef6dabdc_b.jpg
lens: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2579/...4920a1c8_b.jpg
flash: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2674/...45ba5e73_b.jpg

I don't know what the f value of the lenses are but they both have 1.4 on them.

I keep reading good things about this camera and it's making want to keep it more and more and just get into photography myself, heheh.

Again, any opinions and ideas are greatly appreciated.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #9 of 9
$2,500 give or take.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back