[Help] Planning on buying a setup
May 11, 2017 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

NightWolf1396

New Head-Fier
Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank in advance for your time spent helping me.
I have the following doubt. I'm planning on buying some audio gear to listen to my vinyl collection and I was wondering if it will all work together without any problems or if I should get something different.
I put up the following list of items:
  • Sennheiser HD 600
  • Rega Planar 1 (with carbon head)
  • Rega Phono MM v2
  • JDSLabs Objective2 +ODAC Headphone Amplifier / DAC combo (with 6.3mm jack)
I'm thinking of using all of this together while also connecting the O2 to my computer to serve as a DAC.
Any recommendations about changes or anything at all you'd like to propose?

Thanks a lot again for your time

May 12, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 7
Just make sure that this is configured with the rear RCA sockets as inputs to the O2 board, and not outputs for the ODAC board.

That's one of the main problems I seem to be having. I can't really find an European store that customizes the amp/odac combo like on JDSLabs. The best thing I found was one store where I could choose to get a 6.3mm jack instead of 3.5mm and if I order it from their store (JDSLabs) it'll most likely have to go through customs and will cost me much more than it should...

May 12, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #6 of 7
That's one of the main problems I seem to be having. I can't really find an European store that customizes the amp/odac combo like on JDSLabs. The best thing I found was one store where I could choose to get a 6.3mm jack instead of 3.5mm and if I order it from their store (JDSLabs) it'll most likely have to go through customs and will cost me much more than it should...

http://www.headnhifi.com/amplifiers/desktop-headphone-amplifiers/O2-ODAC-fully-modded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back