help on new headphones
Jul 24, 2011 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

madhan15791

New Head-Fier
hey guys, hello to all of you in this forum. I am a complete newbee in earphones however love hearing music. I am the sort of guy who always resorts to hearing music with a pair of cheap earphones. however I later found that there are headphones costing worth 100s of dollars that offer exceptional sound. So i finally decided to go for them. I saw in cnet that they say klipsch s4 is an outstanding earphones. but in some other sites they say other earphones. which one should i buy.

also i found that the monster turbine offers good soung quality but i dont know whether to go for monsters or s4s. i saw a deal where i can buy a used monster turbine gold for $75 and refurbrished ones for $125. please tell me whether sound quality in used ones will be same as in new ones.

my budget is $150 i wat good noise isolation and outstanding sound quality

i dont want to get dissappointed that i just spent $150 on normal sound quality

please advice me.

thanks in advance....

Jul 24, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 9
I think it's only safe to buy new MTP Gold from authorized dealer because fake MTP Gold are available in the market too. I will recommend few more IEMs under this budget with good bass response and great overall clarity like EX600, GR07, TF10Pro, EX510, Radius DDM and HF5(bass light but amazingly detailed).

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 9
thanks for your reply zarim,

I am a total noob in this topic so please tell me which headphone can i buy for $150 and less. Also i am planning to buy it from amazon so i must be covered from duplicates. can i go for second hand or refurbs from amazon?

thanks

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 9
He can't tell you which one to buy, that's for you to decide. He's listed some good earphones that meet your requirements, and have been known to sell for <$150.

To help you search for them, I'll include their full names:
Sony MDR-EX600 
Sony MDR-EX510
VSonic GR07
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 (aka "Triple.Fi/Triple-Fi" or just "TF10")
Radius DDM
Etymotic Research HF5

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 9
ya but you see all the names you say are completely new to me. I cant just pin point on any one. I love some heavy but good bass and also would love some crisp mids. can you recomend any for me

thanks

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #8 of 9
No, I can't. Zarim's already given you a list of IEMs that he regards as being likely to meet your requirements--you should research them on the site and choose one for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back