1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Help on Choosing a New Pair Of Headphones and DAC AMP combo

First

Back
1 2
  1. PurpleAngel Contributor

I think so

2. jacobap100
    wait so no sound card?

3. jodgey4
    If you want the virtual surround stuff, do what I recommended. If you don't need Dolby/CMSS-3D/whatever, go with PurpleAngel. Just my opinion.

4. thievesarmy

not everyone is going to agree on what you should do, or what the BEST solution is.

jodgey4 likes this.
  5. PurpleAngel Contributor

For now you can just use the features of your motherboard's on-board (built in) sound card.
    You can always get an add-on sound card in the future.

6. jacobap100
    since i only play league of legends and a couple of steam games like hawken surround sound isn't that important so i think the amp dac combo is for me. I listen to a lot of music as well so i think this is the best way to go. Also im sure razer surround will get the job done when i do play a fps game.

jodgey4 likes this.
  7. jacobap100
    hey guys i have been doing some reviews and it seems that the 770 is very bass light and that is not what i want! Are there any good closed headphones with a great bass resonse for under 200$?

8. jodgey4
    The 770's have pretty good bass from when I tried them... on par with the ever-popular ATH-M50's, a little wetter though.

9. PurpleAngel Contributor

The DT770s are not bass light, where did you see it said the DT770s are bass light? 
    The DT770 Pro 80-Ohm has slightly more bass then the DT770 Pro 250-Ohm.
    I prefer the 250-Ohm a little more then the 80-Ohms.

10. jacobap100
    Oh well I guess that one guy is just wrong
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more

11. thievesarmy

you have to realize, everyone has a different (subjective) opinion on how bass sounds, how treble sounds, etc. If you want to TRY to get an idea of a headphone's characteristics, you need to look at a LOT of experienced, intelligent reviews, preferably done by people that you respect their opinion in this field. 

12. PurpleAngel Contributor

In comparison to the DT990, the DT770 would seem bass light and the DT990s have a lot of bass.
    The last words in the description was "balanced".

13. jacobap100
    I might just get open headphones they seem so much better... Those 990s look so good....

14. jodgey4
    Lol. Any reason you couldn't do open headphones? They're perfect for private use, not for mobile... but when I'm on the move I have different expectations of what I need to hear.

15. jacobap100
    Yeah I'll be in college so that's the o only problem I have and I will probably be going to land party's so closed fits the bill better

First

Back
1 2